Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Whats going on with osem onion soup mix?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 8:02 pm
olallieberry wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
Thanks yy! I have heard about but have not seen parve coconut milk ice cream with a hechsher. Do you know where I can purchase these?

The brands of coconut milk ice cream are So Delicious and Purely Decadent, and they are wonderful. You can find them at most large supermarkets in the natural foods section, most natural foods stores, and I've seen them in some kosher markets, too. There's a store locator on their website, and you can get some coupons there, too.

Turtle Mountain Store Locator

Also, Healthy Top Whipped Cream is parve, dairy-free, soy-free, and doesn't contain any unhealthy ingredients like hydrogenated oils. It's very delicious.
Wow, thank you so much!
I will let you know once I finally locate these great items Smile

rivk241

Post Tue, Oct 05 2010, 8:07 pm
back to my ORIGINAL QUESTION- why is osem onion soup mix not in any stores right now? a simple answer will do!!

Zus

Post Wed, Oct 06 2010, 12:48 am
I don't think people here know Smile

Tamiri

Post Wed, Oct 06 2010, 3:17 am
I called Osem. There is no shortage. They suggested the U.S. ladies contact the importer. Maybe the ship got hijacked and the pirates took all the onion soup mix.

Zus

Post Wed, Oct 06 2010, 7:12 am
Tamiri wrote:
Maybe the ship got hijacked and the pirates took all the onion soup mix.

Is that a joke?

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Oct 06 2010, 8:16 am
As we speak, Interpol is canvassing pharmacies to find out if any pirates came in and bought unusual amounts of Advil or migraine meds....

Tamiri

Post Wed, Oct 06 2010, 8:26 am
PinkFridge wrote:
As we speak, Interpol is canvassing pharmacies to find out if any pirates came in and bought unusual amounts of Advil or migraine meds....
There you go!
Zus, Osem was clueless as to where vast amounts of onion soup mix intended for the unsupecting American Jewish public had gone to.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 14 2010, 9:26 pm
ra_mom wrote:
olallieberry wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
Thanks yy! I have heard about but have not seen parve coconut milk ice cream with a hechsher. Do you know where I can purchase these?

The brands of coconut milk ice cream are So Delicious and Purely Decadent, and they are wonderful. You can find them at most large supermarkets in the natural foods section, most natural foods stores, and I've seen them in some kosher markets, too. There's a store locator on their website, and you can get some coupons there, too.

Also, Healthy Top Whipped Cream is parve, dairy-free, soy-free, and doesn't contain any unhealthy ingredients like hydrogenated oils. It's very delicious.
Wow, thank you so much!
I just want to thank you!
We found So Delicious coconut yogurt and ice cream pops, and dd is thrilled. Especially about the yogurt.
Still trying to find the pints of ice cream. The So Delicious ones we found were made with soy.
Thank you once again!

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Oct 14 2010, 9:37 pm
Can anyone find where my osem onion soup powder went in my kitchen? I can't find it anywhere.

HindaRochel

Post Fri, Oct 15 2010, 1:21 am
Look behind the cereal...no not that box!!!! Those other ones...you know the cereal your kids loved till you bought 3 boxes? (Erma Bombeck reference)

louche

Post Fri, Oct 15 2010, 2:40 am
bubby wrote:
You probably can't get it because I have 4 containers...I keep forgetting I have it & buy more.

MSG? Too bad, it is great in so many things. It is very high in salt, which is bad. MSG isn't sodium, is it?

Yes it is: MSG is monoSODIUM glutamate. To be avoided if you want to reduce your sodium intake.

louche

Post Fri, Oct 15 2010, 2:59 am
HindaRochel wrote:
I often make my own tomato sauce .

Maybe where you are you can get tomatoes cheap. Here, $1 a lb. is cheep-cheep-cheep, and that's for anemic specimens that would no way, no how make good sauce. You want red, you're talking $2.49 a lb minimum, and for that price, I ain't choppin' it up and cookin' it down!

Ditto for all produce: I'd grow it if I could and preserve it myslef, but when I have to pay full retail for it, I'm using it fresh, and relatively whole. (Slicing or dicing for salad still counts as "whole" in my personal lexicon.) I like buying canned crushed tomatoes. There are brands that are reasonably pure, with only salt and citric acid, maybe some basil and garlic added.

HindaRochel

Post Fri, Oct 15 2010, 3:13 am
louche wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:
I often make my own tomato sauce .

Maybe where you are you can get tomatoes cheap. Here, $1 a lb. is cheep-cheep-cheep, and that's for anemic specimens that would no way, no how make good sauce. You want red, you're talking $2.49 a lb minimum, and for that price, I ain't choppin' it up and cookin' it down!

Ditto for all produce: I'd grow it if I could and preserve it myslef, but when I have to pay full retail for it, I'm using it fresh, and relatively whole. (Slicing or dicing for salad still counts as "whole" in my personal lexicon.) I like buying canned crushed tomatoes. There are brands that are reasonably pure, with only salt and citric acid, maybe some basil and garlic added.

I just like the taste better...really nothing to do with being cheap...but yeah, tomato prices are insane!

reed

Post Fri, Oct 15 2010, 9:33 am
ra_mom wrote:
olallieberry wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

Wow, thank you so much!

If you're in Brooklyn, Natural Frontier Market has a whole line(s!) of these items. They're at Cortelyou and Stratford (right near Coney Island Ave).
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus