Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
At least a months worth of Dinners

acccdac

Post Thu, Oct 14 2010, 1:48 pm
I came up with this list after going through the thread about making dinner in 35 min or less. I only made a list of main dishes without sides. Also if you notice there is no column for fish, because my dh doesnt eat fish but you can add fish to this list. Also I use some of these recipes as my Friday night dinners. I also figure between shabbos leftovers or regular leftovers and if you are a family who does pizza once a week you probably can use this list for close to 2 months. Please feel free to add any other ideas that you have or have used.

Chicken:
Breaded Teriyaki chicken Cutlets
Chicken Fajita wraps
Grilled Chicken wraps
Pesto Chicken wraps
Broiled Chicken on the bone
40 Clove Garlic Chicken on the Bone
Apricot Chicken on the bone
Duck Sauce chicken on the bone
Fried Breaded schnitzel with or without pita
Stir Fry
Corn Flake Chicken
Poppers
Chicken Stew in Crock-pot

Meat:
Hamburgers
Tacos
Sloppy Joe in bread or with pasta
Steak
Meatballs
Beef stew in crock-pot
Pepper Steak in crock-pot
BBQ shredded beef in crock-pot
Shwarma

Milk or Parve:
Breakfast for dinner
French Toast
Falafel
Mexican Casserole
Pizza
Pasta
Lasagna
Carbonera

Shiny

Post Thu, Oct 14 2010, 2:22 pm
Wow! Thanks a lot. This is really helpful. Smile

ValleyMom

Post Fri, Oct 15 2010, 10:30 am
WOW!
THAT really is helpful... Now I just wish they were followed by recipes... But I am fairly certain you have a fulll life as well as other hobbies beside IMAMOTHER...
Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

EMmom

Post Fri, Oct 15 2010, 10:57 am
acccdac wrote:
I came up with this list after going through the thread about making dinner in 35 min or less. I only made a list of main dishes without sides. Also if you notice there is no column for fish, because my dh doesnt eat fish but you can add fish to this list. Also I use some of these recipes as my Friday night dinners. I also figure between shabbos leftovers or regular leftovers and if you are a family who does pizza once a week you probably can use this list for close to 2 months. Please feel free to add any other ideas that you have or have used.

Milk or Parve:
Breakfast for dinner
French Toast
Falafel
Mexican Casserole
Pizza
Pasta
Lasagna
Carbonera

Can I have the recipe for Mexican Casserole and Carbonera?

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Oct 15 2010, 11:41 am
It makes sense to have a list of go-to recipes for your convenience. I like to see what's fresh or on sale in my local stores, and base dinner on that.

acccdac

Post Fri, Oct 15 2010, 12:38 pm
the recipe for the mexican casserole is in the "dinners in 35 min or less" thread, it was someone else's suggestion.

here is the recipe for Carbonera. It does call for "pancheta" (bacon) and I use the morning star fake bacon. I know that not everyone eats it. I find that with the kids either people call it fake bacon or just strips for chinuch reasons. Also I use the shredded bag of Parmesan cheese instead of ramano (cause I honestly have no idea what ramano cheese is)

http://www.goodhousekeeping.co.....-0806

acccdac

Post Fri, Oct 15 2010, 12:38 pm
EMmom wrote:

Can I have the recipe for Mexican Casserole and Carbonera?

the recipe for the mexican casserole is in the "dinners in 35 min or less" thread, it was someone else's suggestion.

here is the recipe for Carbonera. It does call for "pancheta" (bacon) and I use the morning star fake bacon. I know that not everyone eats it. I find that with the kids either people call it fake bacon or just strips for chinuch reasons. Also I use the shredded bag of Parmesan cheese instead of ramano (cause I honestly have no idea what ramano cheese is)

http://www.goodhousekeeping.co.....-0806

acccdac

Post Fri, Oct 15 2010, 12:39 pm
ValleyMom wrote:
WOW!
THAT really is helpful... Now I just wish they were followed by recipes... But I am fairly certain you have a fulll life as well as other hobbies beside IMAMOTHER...
Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

if you want some recipes go ahead and ask and I can post them when I have some time
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics