Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Help! mid night bottles.

maofboys

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 2:17 am
I nursed my ds till he was 14 months to help wean him off I introduced a bottle. then I guess I kinda of got lazy and went with the bottle a little too much and now he is 20 months and is addicted. I wouldn’t mind so much, I don't need to rush him off the bottle but the nighttime bottles have gotten out of control. he used to sleep through the night with half a bottle to put him to bed now he wants 3 or 4 bottles a night. this can't be healthy for him. I am changing diapers all night. and if I don't give in he cries (my son doesn't cry much he is usually such a happy kid). Help how do I stop this?

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 2:19 am
Let him cry.

And make sure whatever bottles he does get are plain water.

Shopmiami49

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 6:09 am
Yes, I agree with YESHA.

Anothoer option is that you can do it slowly. Either knock off one bottle every couple of nights until you are down to none, or start giving him less in each bottle until he will realize that its not worth waking up for.

When m ds was around that age, we had come back from the US and he was so jetlag. The only way that we could get him to go back to sleep at night was with a bottle of juice (which I am SO against in general...). After a week and a half, he was back on schedule,but he would still wake up every once in a while and ask for juice. He would throw a fit and scream if we didn't give it to him. Finally, I took him out for a talk and told him very simply "no juice in the crib - only water" and he finally got it after a couple of nights.

good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics