Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
My sisters homework

mommy#1

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 6:35 pm
my sisters homework is to write a paragraph/story on how she saw, or we see, "melo kal ha'aretz kevodo". naturally, she turns to me for help...
any ideas?

Blueberry Muffin

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 9:19 pm
what grade level is it for?

mommy#1

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 9:23 pm
10th.
sorry, forgot to write that!
she came up with something that she wrote, but she claims its not good! I just remembered now what I did-how rav meir shapiro started the daf yomi. except that I copied it from my older sister, so if she copies that idea, the teacher will definitely remember!!

louche

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 2:20 am
You won't like my answer, which is "never mind whether she thinks it's good or not. She should turn in her own work, not yours and certainly not imamother's."

Teachers are not stupid and they can tell when a topic is not likely to have been thought of by a 15-y/o.

DrMom

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 11:18 pm
louche wrote:
You won't like my answer, which is "never mind whether she thinks it's good or not. She should turn in her own work, not yours and certainly not imamother's."

Teachers are not stupid and they can tell when a topic is not likely to have been thought of by a 15-y/o.

^^^This. Not to mention that plaigarism is wrong.

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 12:15 am
mommy#1 wrote:
10th.
sorry, forgot to write that!
she came up with something that she wrote, but she claims its not good! I just remembered now what I did-how rav meir shapiro started the daf yomi. except that I copied it from my older sister, so if she copies that idea, the teacher will definitely remember!!

Rather than copy from something else, why not help her go over what she wrote, and help her to make it better...fix the grammar, help her find logical inconsistencies etc etc etc

mommy#1

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 8:08 am
thanks for all your help. I didnt ask anyone to write something for her; just for an idea. I dont think that is plagiarism in any form. and she already gave in what she wrote.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics