Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
"changing of the taste buds"

yo'ma

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 7:20 am
Is there any food that you once liked or didn't like and now you don't or do? I obviously don't mean from when you were an infant Rolling Eyes .

I used to not like hot dogs, pancakes, and gefilte fish from a jar. My mother "made" me eat it and now I like it Exploding anger . I would have been satisfied with not like EVERYTHING shock Smile . My dd all of a sudden decided she doesn't like tomatoes Confused . One day, she did and now, nope!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 7:23 am
Sure, ground black pepper, for one thing.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 7:49 am
Mil uses a lot of black pepper so I got used to spicey and love it.

fiddle

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 7:55 am
Never touched squash, eggplant in anything, now I do. Tomatoes, mango and onions (not fried) I still won't touch.

lech lecha08

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 8:08 am
used to not like avocado, sushi or zuchinni

YoYo

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 8:11 am
Used to not like tomatoes in any shape or form, besides ketchup. Now I'll eat and enjoy tomato sauce on pasta, or in lasagne as long as it has no chunks in it... You see, I haven't grown up that much yet! 8)

c.c.cookie

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 9:05 am
Used to love olives. No idea when or why it changed, but now I can't tolerate the taste or the smell. Ditto with salami.
Used to not be able to eat chopped liver. When I was pregnant with my first, I suddenly decided I loved it.
Never liked mango. Tried for years to like it (because it looks SO good!), but never worked. This past Shabbos I found myself eating more and more, and enjoying it. Not sure if I finally developed a taste for it, or if it was an exceptionally good mango.

Bella:D

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 9:08 am
Used to hate anything with mushrooms or eggplants, now I love them!

c.c.cookie

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 9:10 am
Bella:D wrote:
Used to hate anything with mushrooms or eggplants, now I love them!

Ditto! The truth is, the list of things I never ate but love now is really long. Basically, I used to eat because - well, because you have to eat. Now I LOVE my food. Any food. And it shows!

hadasa

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 9:30 am
As a child, I didn't like tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, liver, avocado. Most of my kids won't touch eggplant, zucchini, liver or visible onions until their Bar Mitzva, after which their tastes begin to change. They all do love tomatoes, though. One of them decided a year ago that he doesn't like canned peas anymore.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Oct 19 2010, 11:24 am
hadasa wrote:
As a child, I didn't like tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, liver, avocado. Most of my kids won't touch eggplant, zucchini, liver or visible onions until their Bar Mitzva, after which their tastes begin to change. They all do love tomatoes, though. One of them decided a year ago that he doesn't like canned peas anymore.

My lovely dd asked if we have any peas the other day. I asked her why because I knew she didn't like them, so I thought all of a sudden she does. No, that wasn't the case. She wanted them to put in the opening of the seltzer bottle and then press it shock . We have the shpritzer kind.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics