Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Did your child have lazy eye surgery?

amother

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 10:08 am
My DS had the surgery done a week ago and since then he has been seeing double. The Doctor said this is normal and can last up to 2 weeks, but as time goes on the distance of where what he sees becomes doubled should get longer, and it seems that the opposite is happening. I'm beginning to get very nervous. I am trying to get thru to the Dr. but in the meantime I am curious to know, from those of you who went thru this with your kids, if they saw double, and how long it lasted. Thanks.

skcomputer

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 10:15 am
My son didn't have the surgery, but started seeing double when he was first being treated and got glasses. It lasted for about 1 week. I held his hand up and down stairs (he was 7), and for the rest he could manage. I thought it was extremely cool - his brain had never had input from both eyes before and now it was. The brain is so amazing - it figured out how to process the dual input.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 8:51 pm
bump!

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 8:54 pm
My ds had the surgery at 16 months old. He is now slightly cross-eyed due to an over correction. We switched eye doctors, but the new doc said not to worry. I don't know how he sees because he doesn't talk yet, but he definitely seems to have visual perception problems.

SingALong

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 9:51 pm
DD had lazy eye surgery at age 2 1/2. I don't recall her seeing double but then again I don't know if she had that she would have been able to express it. She definitely wasn't bumping into stuff she seemed to see fine.
But now 4 years later the lazy eye is back and dr said she'll probably need surgery again Sad but it's diff muscles that will be tightened this time

amother

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 2:06 am
I had the surgery twice. I don't remember seeing double either time, but they were both long ago and the first was when I was really little.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics