Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
RSV Virus & Bronchiolitis

grapefruit

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 11:00 pm
I just came home from the hospital with my 3 month old that has bronchiolitis & RSV virus. Did anybody hear of such a thing that once you have RSV u are prone to frequent respiratory infections or even asthma?

Rodent

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 11:31 pm
Yes I have heard it, for both RSV and bronchiolitis.

Our 16 month old had bronchiolitis a couple of months ago. He was given an asthma management plan to follow should he develop symptoms again though he wasn't diagnosed as asthmatic as such. Unfortunately we've had to follow it a couple of times already Sad He seems prone to chest infections also. I think an asthma diagnosis is in his future. There are worse things of course but I definitely think there is a connection.

shmaichul

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 11:57 pm
Yup my dd who's 2 now had rsv when she was abt 5 mo and then last winter she also got something similiar we had to get a nebulizer for her and the dr told us its likely to happen every winter :-(

losingweight

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 12:01 am
My ds had rsv and pneumonia in August. He was in the hospital for a week. His nose is running nonstop since then.

Isher

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 1:00 am
My 4 month old was diagnosed today with RSV I was given an aerochamber with inhaler and I'm hoping that it'll go away fast.

e1234

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 2:24 am
my 8 year old had rsv as a baby. (6 weeks)
She has been fine since then b'h.
(no more sick then any of the other kids)

ysydmom

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 5:53 am
2 of my kids had the bronchiolits when they were very young, I just keep my nebulizer plugged in and used it frequently on them. Whenever they got a cold part of it would come out again. They grew out of it slowly and now bh don't use it anymore.

I'm sure they will be okay, you might want to try some natural remedies that your dr. reccomends to help ease the bronch. part.

Like steam shower, chicken soup, maybe add some garlic to the diet etc. just check with your dr. first. I used to put chicken soup in a bottle for my kids when they were old enough to eat chicken soup. It helped alot. I had seperate bottles for fleishig!

you might also want to try changing some of the chemicals in the cleaning/laundry agents you are using and try a more natural approach this can also help.

overthehill

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 6:28 am
DD had bronchiolitis at 3-4 months, used a nebulizer then and hasnt had any problems over the past few years. There is not always a conection. RSV is a virus.

reed

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 4:19 pm
DD had brochiolitis with RSV at 4 months, and would wheeze and cough with every cold. The nebulizer was always connected and ready to go. She also had a tendency towards ear infections and had terrible excema. Based on the combination, they told me she'd likely have asthma and terrible allergies, which they kept testing for, but the test results never matched her real-life reactions. We switched formulas several times, finally had her on Neutramigen. I stopped eating dairy and other highly allergic foods while I was breastfeeding, but nothing helped.

She was treated with every precaution they take for asthmatic, or other highly-sensitive children. B"H she ultimately outgrew all of the above at around 2 yrs. She's 12 now. Any time she has an occasional excema flareup (usually when she's sick or rundown), I remind myself how lucky we are that she outgrew all that.

mpk

Post Thu, Oct 21 2010, 4:39 pm
DD had bronchiolitis at 12 months and B"H haven't had to use the nebulizer since that episode.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics