Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Can anyone tell me the name of this Jewish song?

sunny90

Post Sun, Aug 22 2010, 4:58 pm
I remember it from when I was elementary school, and the chorus has been running through my head and driving me CRAZY! I loved it and really want to know what the name is!
It's about an Iranian boy (I think) called Ezra whose parents send him to escape Iran, the chorus goes something like "Don't fear my dear son, there's a God above who's one, he'll see you through and he'll take care of you my boy..."
Anyone?
TIA!

freshie

Post Sun, Aug 22 2010, 4:59 pm
its from Destiny.

sunny90

Post Sun, Aug 22 2010, 5:04 pm
Thanks! Do you remember the name?

Edited to say--I did a search now that you gave me the album and I found it! Unfortunately I can't buy the mp3 of it, only a cassette (remember those?) but thanks so much!

Last edited by sunny90 on Sun, Aug 22 2010, 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Isramom8

Post Sun, Aug 22 2010, 5:05 pm
I think it's Moshe Yess. Look on www.mostlymusic.com

Isramom8

Post Sun, Aug 22 2010, 6:18 pm
Do you mean Yosef My Son by Megama Plus?
You can listen to a few seconds of it here.

Blueberry Muffin

Post Sun, Aug 22 2010, 9:43 pm
Isramom8 wrote:
Do you mean Yosef My Son by Megama Plus?
You can listen to a few seconds of it here.

Yosef my Son was about a boy in the holocost and then comes to the kotel

"yosef was a boy of 9 in 1942...he had a secret hiding place like all young children do..."
He made it to jerusalem the city of the jew. He opened up his siddur as he had done each day - to pray to the Lord for his mother and his father.
An old man stood by the western wall praying for his son though long dead - that voice - thats my fathers voice was all that Yosef said - he looked into the old mans eyes tears came down his face - he fell ito his fathers embrace.....

mazeltov

Post Tue, Oct 26 2010, 1:15 pm
sunny90 wrote:
I remember it from when I was elementary school, and the chorus has been running through my head and driving me CRAZY! I loved it and really want to know what the name is!
It's about an Iranian boy (I think) called Ezra whose parents send him to escape Iran, the chorus goes something like "Don't fear my dear son, there's a God above who's one, he'll see you through and he'll take care of you my boy..."
Anyone?
TIA!

I think I remember most of the lyrics to that song:
in teheran where he was born, that's where it began, for a 12 yr old boy, in the land of iran, raised in a land that hated his soul, you can feel it in the streets everywhere you go...
they came into his school, just the other day, they were looking for a jewish boy to take away, to the battlefront, to be never seen again, they pointed at ezra, it was him they wished to send...
he stumbled down the hall, unheeding to the yankee shots and calls, where could he run to, where could he go, the words he had heard, echoed in his soul...
don't fear, my dear son, there's a g-d above who's one, he'll see you through, he'll take care of you my boy..
came home before dawn, the time was getting late, the only thing to do my son, is to escape...
on horseback riding through the mountainside, by night he flees, by day he tries to hide, ...
ezra's thinking soon I will be free..
don't fear...
crossed the border, disappeared from sight, as the dawn slowly broke the night, just a boy on horseback all alone, thinking of the ones he left back home..
don't fear...

micki

Post Tue, Oct 26 2010, 1:20 pm
yup from destiny-
I remember running back into the house I was staying, and there was a bochur sitting at the table, but of course I didn't see him, and I burst open the door and yelled to my friend- "have you seen my destiny?"
and she yells back I think its at the table.
then I saw the bochur.

I was so mortified!

but that song is from destiny.

Isher

Post Tue, Oct 26 2010, 2:10 pm
Yup that song is from Destiny. I love that tape - such great songs. Haven't heard that in a while maybe I'll unbury it and listen to it. (Gotta borrow from the kids their tape recorder)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics