Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Any know Dr. Mann? (on Ocean Pkwy)

picklelover

Post Tue, Oct 26 2010, 5:59 pm
Anyone have any experience with Dr. Mann? I'm looking for a good OB. Or does anyone recommend any specific doctors? I need someone with good bedside manners and also good medically.

mfb

Post Tue, Oct 26 2010, 6:02 pm
I dont have experience with her ubt you should know that she is part of a group and anyone of the 3 can deliver you if you need her for OB

Sleep

Post Tue, Oct 26 2010, 6:37 pm
I know she is now part of Dr. Rais's practice on 11th ave in BP, with another Dr. (forgot her name!). Iv'e used all three Dr.s on occasion but have never delivered with them. They are a very popular practice among frum women and deliver in Maimon. My MIL had I think % children delivered by Dr. Rais and they have become friends!

greeneyes

Post Tue, Oct 26 2010, 7:29 pm
I used her & I think she's an excellent doctor.

However, her office tends to be very busy and there are long waits.

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Oct 26 2010, 8:43 pm
I use this group. Its 3 doctors: Dr Mann, Dr Shifrin, & Dr Rais. They have 2 offices. I really love them, they were great by all 3 labors and deliveries... very professional but very caring. The office can get quite busy though and have a long wait, but the days Dr Shifrin is in are much better-she moves patients faster

chatz

Post Tue, Oct 26 2010, 9:38 pm
greeneyes wrote:
I used her & I think she's an excellent doctor.

However, her office tends to be very busy and there are long waits.

I used the practice too, but mainly Dr. Shifrin because every time I had Dr. Mann, I waited a crazy amount of time (once was over 5 hours, but it was right before Pesach). I actually like Dr. Shifrin best of all three.

All 3 doctors are frum & female. All the people who work in the offices are female (when I was there). That was a huge plus for me.

bobeli

Post Tue, Oct 26 2010, 10:55 pm
she is great! I know she delivered few babies last 3 day yt!!

MommyZ

Post Tue, Oct 26 2010, 11:06 pm
I never used her but a friend of mine used her and I was her doula for that delivery. I was not impressed to say the least. She had a scissor at my friend's perineum ready to cut while she was on the cell phone chatting with her daughter about a non-emergency doctor's appointment that her daughter was on her way to. She also passed the cell phone around so that we could give and take messages to her daughter about this appointment. I was shocked and horrified at the lack of professionalism that she showed by taking a personal call in middle of a delivery and continuing the phone call while she had a scissor at a patient's perineum and that is secondary to my feelings on episiotomies which is another issue altogether.

STovah

Post Wed, Oct 27 2010, 9:30 am
I found the office to be a bit too 'heimish' for my liking - her then 2 year old was running around the basement, her teenage daughter was the receptionist. This does not reflect on her skills as a doctor necessarily, but the atmosphere in the office turned me off.

mommyofgirls

Post Wed, Oct 27 2010, 9:35 am
I used her by my last baby. she has an amazing personality. she'll do anything for her patients and is also a good dr. I would use her again.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries