Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Cellphone from medicaid?!?!

Laughing Bag!

Post Tue, Oct 26 2010, 8:27 pm
someone from monsey just told me that she got her cell phone from medicaid. she wasnt exactly sure how though (shes just as uninformed as me, lol) im in BP and wondering if anyone can enlighten me with info of how to get a cell phone from medicaid. Who do I ask, Where do I go, HOW CAN I GET IT?!?!

im getting excited as I dont have a cell phone cuz I dont afford it however it would be great to have one just to touch base so something like what my friend got would be perfect. If Only I can get it! Smile

Thank You in adveance!

BusyBeeMommy

Post Tue, Oct 26 2010, 8:31 pm
I don't think Medicaid provides a cell phone, however if you are eligible, this program might interest you.

deech007

Post Tue, Oct 26 2010, 8:56 pm
I would like to know if that website is legite

egam

Post Tue, Oct 26 2010, 9:09 pm
deech007 wrote:
I would like to know if that website is legite

It is legite.
My parents got free cellphone from Assurance Wireless

shanie5

Post Tue, Oct 26 2010, 9:37 pm
I have a friend who got a phone from safelink. It is the kind of plan for emergencies only-very few minutes-I think u paid if u went over the minutes. She used the voice mail feature a lot. She had people leave messages and she checked them from her home phone-so it didnt cost her more.

okeydocke

Post Tue, Oct 26 2010, 9:53 pm
I have a sil in bp she went to assuance wireless website, she signed up with them,they send you a phone for free, you just have to give them medicaid number, or proof of income if you dont have md. she gets monthly 250 minutes, every month they add the min. if she goes over, she pays afew $$ and they add more minutes. she loves it her kids use it for errands or what ever, good luck

ysydmom

Post Tue, Oct 26 2010, 10:40 pm
Assurance Wireless through Virgin Mobile it's either 200 or 250 minutes a month. You can google the phone # for them, it's not just medicaid it's if you make under a certain amount of $ just call and they will tell you where to send your info.

bluebird

Post Tue, Oct 26 2010, 11:01 pm
Here's the government page on the phone subsidy program: http://www.lifeline.gov/lifeli......html

Other options if you are not eligible:

AT&T offers contractless "Go Phones." The phones are not fancy, but they are cheap (there are a few under $10) and on the least expensive plan you pay only 10 cents per minute with no other fees. Texts are 20 cents each, but I think you can buy "blocks" of texts to make them less expensive. Other wireless providers may have similar options but I'm not familiar with them.

http://www.wireless.att.com/ce.....M-0-1

If you only want to carry a cell phone in case of emergency, ANY cell phone can be used to call 911 even if that phone has no other service. It's mandated by US law. There are women's shelters who give out such phones to women who are victims of domestic violence so they can call 911 if they need to.

BusyBeeMommy

Post Wed, Oct 27 2010, 1:15 pm
bluebird wrote:
Here's the government page on the phone subsidy program: http://www.lifeline.gov/lifeli......html

Other options if you are not eligible:

AT&T offers contractless "Go Phones." The phones are not fancy, but they are cheap (there are a few under $10) and on the least expensive plan you pay only 10 cents per minute with no other fees. Texts are 20 cents each, but I think you can buy "blocks" of texts to make them less expensive. Other wireless providers may have similar options but I'm not familiar with them.

http://www.wireless.att.com/ce.....M-0-1

If you only want to carry a cell phone in case of emergency, ANY cell phone can be used to call 911 even if that phone has no other service. It's mandated by US law. There are women's shelters who give out such phones to women who are victims of domestic violence so they can call 911 if they need to.

From what I understand, Lifeline provides a land line phone, not a cell phone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries