Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Self cleaning/Kashering Oven for Pareve

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 05 2006, 10:29 am
Does anyone burn out their oven on a regular basis to make it Pareve for challah etc baking?

Post Wed, Jul 05 2006, 5:22 pm
my Rav says the 15 minutes of pre-heating (at let's say 350') makes your oven okay for Pareve baking (that's not for switching it from milchig to fleishig or v.v.)

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 05 2006, 5:29 pm
I only know the rules for Pesach, that you have to use a higher heat than you've used all year, and then it has to be at least the length of time that'd you have used it for chometz.

anyway, I can ask a rov the "rules", I just want to know if people actualy do it on a regular basis and what is their schedule, like do theymake their chicken on wed. or some such.

Meema2Kids

Post Wed, Jul 05 2006, 5:33 pm
I know a couple of people who bake challah, then cook fleishig in the oven and turn it back to parve the next week. I think it would be hard to keep track of but maybe if you had a regular routine....

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jul 06 2006, 10:48 am
they must kasher right after shabbos, then, to make it pareve. and then keep it pareve.

I don't think that's practical for us.

Mommy3.5

Post Thu, Jul 06 2006, 9:54 pm
according to whom I asked, you don't have to wait 24 hours before kashering an oven, I also don't self clean that often cause it makes everything hot and stinky....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen