Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Is anyone's life perfect?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 9:14 pm
You know how they say, if you heard someone else's peckle tzoris, you wouldn't want to trade yours for it?

I guess what I'm asking is, is anyone's life perfect? I don't mean making ayin hora and telling me that yours is, or what's so great about your life, but maybe you know of someone whose life really is perfect?

Crayon210

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 9:19 pm
How could anyone know what goes on behind someone else's closed doors?

happyone

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 9:25 pm
I don't believe there's anyone that has a 'perfect' life. Attitude might help some, however each person has his challenges. If it's not now, they had a lousy childhood, and the other way around. No, you are not supposed to walk around wondering when the next shoe will drop if you feel as though you do have a relatively easy life. However, I don't believe anyone died having a perfect , smooth sailing life.

happymom

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 9:59 pm
only hashem is Perfect

Flowerchild

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 10:00 pm
I dont think anyone has perfect life its not how life is, I think that there are moments in life that can be perfect and last for a while, but always perfect I dont think so. life is up and down all the time sometimes there is a plateu where everything goes somooth.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 10:04 pm
I think everyone has something. that's what I meant, when I wrote this post.

like - people say that MY life is perfect. as if!

cindy324

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 11:15 pm
I think it's possible to have a perfect life "at the moment", but not to have had a perfect life always...Do you all understand what I'm trying to say?

shayna82

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 11:25 pm
I think of it as- my life with all of its good times and hard times, is perfect for me cuz thats what Hashem gave me and He is perfect, so how could it not be.

ceo

Post Thu, Jun 01 2006, 12:28 am
shayna82 wrote:
I think of it as- my life with all of its good times and hard times, is perfect for me cuz thats what Hashem gave me and He is perfect, so how could it not be.

shayna, that is a very good attitude!

queen

Post Thu, Jun 01 2006, 12:50 am
We're placed on this world to work on ourselves. Easy, trouble-free lives wont accomplish those goals.

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Jun 01 2006, 2:36 am
Crayon210 wrote:
How could anyone know what goes on behind someone else's closed doors?

A mentsch tracht
Az bei yenner men lacht
Ich efen der tir
s'is punkt vi bei mir.

This was my MIL's famous wise quote.

trans.: One may think
that by others they're laughing LOL
But open the door, and I can see
That it's exactly the same as by me Exclamation Yes

brooklyn

Post Thu, Jun 01 2006, 8:38 am
Life is full of ups and downs. Maybe that is what makes it interesting. You can never tell about other people though. There were several couples that I knew who we thought had perfect marriages but they soon ended in nasty divorces. You never can tell if people are just putting up a good front.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 07 2006, 4:42 pm
"Perfect life" means "that the way you would like your life to be" and "the way it actually is" is the same. So someone who doesn't have a perfect life (all of us!) it's because the way it is, is not the way they would like it to be.
Theoretically, if someone is someach b'chelko, then they have a perfect life.
IOW, to have a perfect life can not be done by changing circumstances, rather only by changing expectations, desires and attitudes

Reminds me of the story of r' zusha of anipoli who though he was destitute, answered that he didn't have any tzoros!

mushmom

Post Fri, Jul 07 2006, 12:28 am
I read something in a book of Nechama Greisman's a"h talks that alwyas stuck with me. She was saying that her life, with small children etc was so hard, but then she had this visitor who was lonely and searching and drifting, who kept saying how hard her life is.. and the conclusion was, her life (Greisman's) is BUSY but not HARD. I think of that all the time. My life is nothing if not busy. I am so exhausted and have little time for myself. But I'm so blessed and so grateful for my blessings, that even though my life is so very busy, I guess it's perfect precisely for that reason.
Also, I have a great husband Very Happy

chen

Post Fri, Jul 07 2006, 1:42 pm
amother wrote:

Reminds me of the story of r' zusha of anipoli who though he was destitute, answered that he didn't have any tzoros!

I am ALWAYS quoting that story to people! I just love it.

happymom

Post Fri, Jul 07 2006, 2:20 pm
only Hashem is perfect.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics