Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
What is your favorite canceled TV show?
Previous  1  2  3  4

sneakermom

Post Mon, Nov 01 2010, 12:11 am
I am so glad I'm not the only one who misses Arrested Development. That was a show ahead of it's time. Put humor in pathos like I never saw before.

mimivan

Post Mon, Nov 01 2010, 12:18 am
greenfire wrote:
that 70's show Flower

anybody interested 'blossom' is on tv again - in the big bang theory Bomb Cherry

Isn't Blossom (Miriam Biyalik) Frum now?

chanchy123

Post Mon, Nov 01 2010, 2:08 am
mimivan wrote:
greenfire wrote:
that 70's show Flower

anybody interested 'blossom' is on tv again - in the big bang theory Bomb Cherry

That's so funny, I didn't realize that the actor was Mayim Bialik. She looked familiar but I couldn't place her. I did notice that she only wears skirts and totally looks frum. Ok, this makes sense. She doesn't even touch any of the male characters.
I read in an interview (linked from here) that she considers herself conservadox.

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 01 2010, 2:13 am
yeah she totally looked the frum part ... everyone had their hands on their knees - I think so nobody would accidentally touch ... rotflmm@o !!! Nervous it was kinda funny to watch ...

mimivan

Post Mon, Nov 01 2010, 2:51 am
chanchy123 wrote:
mimivan wrote:
greenfire wrote:
that 70's show Flower

That's so funny, I didn't realize that the actor was Mayim Bialik. She looked familiar but I couldn't place her. I did notice that she only wears skirts and totally looks frum. Ok, this makes sense. She doesn't even touch any of the male characters.
I read in an interview (linked from here) that she considers herself conservadox.

maybe we should match her up with Josh Radnor (Ted Mosby How I Met Your Mother..)..he grew up Conservative, went to Jewish schools, recently wrote a blog on the Huffington Post on how he kept a Shabbat...anyone want to be the shadchanit?

chanchy123

Post Mon, Nov 01 2010, 5:33 am
mimivan wrote:
chanchy123 wrote:
mimivan wrote:
greenfire wrote:
that 70's show Flower

maybe we should match her up with Josh Radnor (Ted Mosby How I Met Your Mother..)..he grew up Conservative, went to Jewish schools, recently wrote a blog on the Huffington Post on how he kept a Shabbat...anyone want to be the shadchanit?

Again, from the interview, she's married and may have some children. She explains how she keeps the rules of TH.
From the link about your friend (ok I love him on the show) it seems that he drove on the shabbos he "kept" so while he may be connected to Judaism as commendable as that is (and it is) I wouldn't call that frum.
Anyhow, I'm happy to see Jewish actors being good representatives of our faith.

mimivan

Post Mon, Nov 01 2010, 5:36 am
chanchy123 wrote:
mimivan wrote:
chanchy123 wrote:
mimivan wrote:
greenfire wrote:
that 70's show Flower

Again, from the interview, she's married and may have some children. She explains how she keeps the rules of TH.
From the link about your friend (ok I love him on the show) it seems that he drove on the shabbos he "kept" so while he may be connected to Judaism as commendable as that is (and it is) I wouldn't call that frum.
Anyhow, I'm happy to see Jewish actors being good representatives of our faith.

Oh, he drove...missed that part ...

hila

Post Mon, Nov 01 2010, 6:21 am
Dr Who ( which should start again soon - my dh downloads it for me to the US and then ftp's it to Israel as the xxxx BBC wont let us download it )

Yes Minister / TYes Prime Minister - have to be THE funniest shows ever

ally

Post Mon, Nov 01 2010, 7:10 am
For those who liked Arrested Development...
Jobe and Tobias are in a new series called Running Wilde. So far decently funny although lacking a little bit in the plot department.

Yocheved84

Post Mon, Nov 01 2010, 7:18 am
ally wrote:
For those who liked Arrested Development...
Jobe and Tobias are in a new series called Running Wilde. So far decently funny although lacking a little bit in the plot department.

Thanks for the tip! What network?

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Nov 01 2010, 9:31 am
it's on Fox. I read that it's doing really poorly.
some of the directors of AD are now directing Community. that explains why it's so hilarious!

rb

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 10:14 am
Shows I loved as a child:

Growing Pains
Different Strokes
Whos the Boss
Small Wonder
Punky Brewster
Facts of Life
Full House
Happy Days

yo'ma

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 11:17 am
rb wrote:

Growing Pains
Different Strokes
Whos the Boss
Small Wonder
Punky Brewster
Facts of Life
Full House
Happy Days

I love the theme song, I sing it all the time LOL . Liked the show, too.

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 11:24 am
big bang tonight watch geeky mayim with her PhD in neuroscience - a perfect match

mommalah

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 11:38 am
hila wrote:
Dr Who ( which should start again soon - my dh downloads it for me to the US and then ftp's it to Israel as the xxxx BBC wont let us download it )

Yes Minister / TYes Prime Minister - have to be THE funniest shows ever

There will be an episode around Christmastime. Dh cannot contain himself. I like it too.

mommalah

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 11:39 am
I miss the Unit.

chavs

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 1:10 pm
Reaper
The witches from Eastwick
Buffy
Angel
Charmed
Friends
Cheers
Frasier
Fawlty Towers
All creatures great and small

rb

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 3:49 pm
yo'ma wrote:
rb wrote:

Growing Pains
Different Strokes
Whos the Boss
Small Wonder
Punky Brewster
Facts of Life
Full House
Happy Days

I love the theme song, I sing it all the time LOL . Liked the show, too.

That's why I love youtube, I can listen to the old theme songs over and over!

Isher

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 5:44 pm
Friends
Jericho
Ugly Betty
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics