Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
I'm in New York!
Previous  1  2  3  4

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Nov 07 2010, 11:18 am
LeahW wrote:
ChossidMom wrote:
pina colada wrote:
this one is different, it is plant based and not fish based which may contain mercury, toxins and pcb's

Not "may" contain. Check out the latest law suit against fish oil companies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZcEGbgOE0kPCB in Fish Oil Lawsuit

While, based on what you're saying, it sounds like your product has great benefits, I wouldn't be so quick to put down Fish Oil. If you watch the entire video, the expert they have in the studio seems to not think much of the lawsuit, and says to continue taking it, esp. if you have heart problems. The benefits outweigh the risks. I know many people who swear by fish oil. I think you have to be careful when you put down a product that could be life-saving to many. With all do respect, Chossidmom, because clearly you are motivated by wanting to help people.

As I said, the fish oil industry is in trouble. The oceans are polluted big time and it's not a simple thing to "purify" fish oil. Do you know that they have to heat the fish oil to very high temperatures in order to "purify" it? I'll bet you are aware that any and every type of oil oxidizes and becomes rancid at very high heat. Sure, fish oil has benefits, but you can't get the benefits without the poison so you wind up getting both (at best). At worst, you take the fish oil and doesn't even give you the benefits because it has been so highly processed that it no longer has what it originally had. FYI they also have to add in stabilizers in order to give it a shelf life. So, you're getting those chemicals also in fish oil. Now, let's say that you manage to get hold of a really pure and clean fish oil. The minute it goes into your body which has a 96.6 farenheit temperature, it oxidizes because the fish that have the omega 3 live in cold water only and the heat of your body makes it go rancid. So, you take fish oil to help you and it winds up hurting instead. When I had my daughter on fish oil (for her low muscle tone), it actually helped her but we noticed that she got a lot of colds. Fish oil can lower your immunity.

It's a well known thing that all oils have a stability problem and go rancid rather easily. The Salvia Sclarea oil is the most stable oil on the planet. It can sit on the shelf for two years and not go rancid thanks to all the natural antioxidants in it like CoQ10 and Vitamin E. These ingredients occur naturally in the oil and are not put in by man.

If you would like to really understand how it works here's an English presentation by Dr. Adiel Tel Oren, a holistic MD. It's got Hebrew subtitles. He's clear and he just explains it so well!

http://www.MarvalousWebGuide.com/adiel
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics