Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Used furniture or cheap but good furniture stores in ny

motherofmany

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 6:00 am
Does anyone know any good used or cheap but good furniture stores in new york? I need living room furniture and would like chassidish dining room furniture..

jflower

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 6:44 am
your best bet might be to look thru classified ads in papers like Jewish Press, Hamodia, Torah Times etc. for sales of used furniture. Sometimes people have to get rid of their furniture because they're moving or updating.

lamplighter

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 7:23 am
What is chassidish furniture?
You can get things from the classifieds or I actually had success with places like "bob's discount furniture"....

STovah

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 9:20 am
Look on Craig's List - I actually got great dining room furniture from there. Most of the dr furniture is not "chassidish", but I got a set with 8 chairs and a beautiful side table for $400.

motherofmany

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 6:44 pm
thank you for responding- you guys r great!

1- classified- honestly I'm scared! I've had one really bad experience where we needed a new fridge and we hired a moving van to pick it up only to have the person who advertised decide they wanted to keep it afterall! BH the moving van didn't charge us but they had to take a loss! -

2.where is bob's? do you have the no- are they on the web?

3. chassidish furniture is dark wood with refined chairs (not country!)

someone told me there is a good used furniture store but no one has told me exactly where it is, its name, or number!

ganizzy

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 9:52 pm
I dont know where u live, but when I lived in crown heights, I went to some used furniture place on flatbush ave. im not sure where exactly (does ditmas make sense?) I actually went to a new furniture place across the street and saw a piece I really liked but the price was too high. when the owners (russian) saw me walking out they lowered their price.

CHANY115

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 10:16 pm
my brother in law is in the process of a divorce and must sell his furniture a.s.a.p. chassidusha person so has regular dining room table and 6 chairs with china closet as well as bedroom set headboards,dresser,armoire,night table. the furniture was used for 1 and a half years but has some scratches because they never made glass tops. excellent buy!!!!!!!!!really giving it away 7o percent off cause needs to get it out of the apartment and doesnt want to pay storage,its located in willi if u need more info pm me.serious replies only.

mltjm

Post Wed, Apr 14 2010, 11:28 pm
craigslist craigslist craigslist...we got a beautiful couch, table and 8 chairs, and two huge bookcases for sefarim all from CL. You have to stay on top of it to find the good stuff, but give it a month or so of solid looking and you will find some really beautiful things.

re: 'chassidish' furniture, many people sell formal dining room sets that are really beautiful and big. Dark furniture is not exclusive to chassidim.

martha

Post Sun, Nov 14 2010, 8:31 am
Look on ebay. I got a table and chairs from 2 different places and matched them up together. My table only cost 2 dollars.

bobeli

Post Sun, Nov 14 2010, 8:42 am
whatever you buy used please check for bed bugs
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains