Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Air Purifier's and Humidifiers

amother

Post Mon, Nov 15 2010, 2:30 pm
My kids are constantly getting sick and I am wondering about the air quality in the apartment, does anyone know where I can purchase a humidifier and air purifier that would work for the whole house. I don't want to spend alot but want my kids to be sick-free.

Thanks.

Nomie

Post Mon, Nov 15 2010, 3:01 pm
I was having the same problem with allergies/ sinus issues, etc. I finally decided to invest in a purifier.

http://www.air-purifiers-ameri.....top10

I got #3 on this list. Ordered it from Amazon. Had it for a few months, and so far, I really like it.

Humidifiers are a diffrerent story. I like my humidifier, b/c the air can get really dry, so it helps my sinuses, but I have heard that they can actually blow mold spores back into the air if they are not properly cleaned, causing the air quality to actually be worse.

I rarely use my humidifier. I don't leave my purifier on 24/7 b/c one time I did that and our electricity bill was thru the roof. So for a few hours at a time, I like it.

Also dimishes gross cooking smells, like post-shabbos cholent stench.

mha3484

Post Mon, Nov 15 2010, 3:04 pm
Mattress covers are also good in addition to an air purifier. You can buy them at target and they go under the sheets and pillows. An allergist told me to try them for a dust allergy that was causing sinus problems and I found them to be very helpful without breaking the bank.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 15 2010, 5:08 pm
To poster above, does the purifier #3 work for your apartment we have a 3 bed. apt. with living room, kitchen & dining room - will it reach all 3 or did it just work in 1 room?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics