Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Urgent - 3 year old son slammed the toilet seat on his aiver

amother

Post Sun, Nov 21 2010, 6:13 pm
My three year old son was standing in front of toilet and he flipped the seat up and it bounced back and slammed on the tip of his aiver while he was peeing. He is in tremendous pain as you can imagine and it immidiately turned dark purple. The tip is sill very dark purple. What should I do?

Liba

Post Sun, Nov 21 2010, 6:15 pm
go to a doctor.

bubby

Post Sun, Nov 21 2010, 6:17 pm
Ice. And call the doctor. Maybe Hatzalah?

If it's any consolation, mine did the same at the same age. You could hear the screams miles away, but you should definitely get it checked out.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 21 2010, 6:18 pm
bubby wrote:
Ice. And call the doctor. Maybe Hatzalah?

If it's any consolation, mine did the same at the same age. You could hear the screams miles away, but you should definitely get it checked out.

was he ok

bubby

Post Sun, Nov 21 2010, 6:32 pm
oh, yes!! Smile but the purple is a sign of burst blood vessels (like bruising.) There's nothing to break. Try & see if he can pee again. If the flow is OK & it doesn't hurt him any more as he goes, it's OK. Also, give him arnica or rub arnica gel on it.

Hope it's OK...has he stopped crying yet?

Liba

Post Sun, Nov 21 2010, 6:48 pm
I hate to say it, but it is possible to fracture an eiver. I am not sure if it is possible during urination or not, but it is physically possible and if it happens it may need to be repaired surgically or there can be long term consequences.

ohbaby!

Post Sun, Nov 21 2010, 6:52 pm
This happen to a kid that is my student. His mom said it blew up and was all purple, and he was in pain...
he went to a doctor, but after a week he was all better again
Best thing to check with a doctor!
good luck!

amother

Post Sun, Nov 21 2010, 8:59 pm
happened to my brothers lots of times. If anything we put ice, but thats about it.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 21 2010, 10:28 pm
happened to my friend's son. He ended up having a small cut which got very infected after a few days. He was fine afterwards, but a lot of agmas nefesh coulve been spared had they checked it out sooner. Definitely have him checked by a dr.

miriam

Post Mon, Nov 22 2010, 8:44 pm
OP, How is he doing now?

amother

Post Mon, Nov 22 2010, 10:22 pm
I called the dr and he said to put ice and give tylenol as needed.
B"H he isnt in much pain anymore, but its still very purple.

shlomitsmum

Post Mon, Nov 22 2010, 11:13 pm
amother wrote:
I called the dr and he said to put ice and give tylenol as needed.
B"H he isnt in much pain anymore, but its still very purple.

standard treatment ...my now 11 y/o son also did this at 3 y/o ...till this day he is too scared to lift the seat ... Rolling Eyes ,I keep an ample supply of lysol tissues to clean any stray showers LOL,just teach him to wipe the seat clean and there really is no need to have him get toilet anxiety again.

bruising lasted on ds for about 2 weeks I put polysporin with local painkiller on his underwear ..the seat was one of those heavy wooden ones .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics