Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
What in your opinion is the worst TV show ever.
Previous  1  2

Merrymom

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 12:26 am
Dancing With The Stars, and I love dancing but I won't watch it because I refuse to add to their popularity and therefore bring down the general moral level that you see today. I have a theory about all the s exual and naked obsession that you see nowadays: If you're not doing it then you're flaunting it.

I love reality shows in general though.

mae1984

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 8:23 am
Lost. I watched the first season religiously.. then had to give up halfway through the season as it just got too much.

I love reality shows!

Ruchel

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 8:28 am
The end of Lost was so disappointing and cheesy. I had to force myself to watch.

estibesty

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 8:34 am
akivachaya wrote:
how about that new show about pregnant teenagers? or the abcfamily show about the girl who gets pregnant in high school? its on abcfamily, which is directed at families, yet each show starts of PARENTAL GUIDANCE whatever

you kidding I love that show it just makes me soo happy about my b"h stable life -these poor kids struggle so much from there 1 small mistake

estibesty

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 8:38 am
I was totally sickened by bachelor pad that was a summer show ABC 8 pm slot they showed disgusting things why would I want to see ppl having s-x when did that become normal to air on a reg family channel this world is so sick.
and jersey shore those ppl are crazy and disgusting and ppl are obsessed with the show this is 1 uch sick perverted world

WriterMom

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 8:40 am
mae1984 wrote:
Lost. I watched the first season religiously.. then had to give up halfway through the season as it just got too much.

I love reality shows!

Hrm, I was watching Lost on the treadmill - Season 1 was ok, made it part way through Season 2, and found it too hard to care any more.

saw50st8

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 8:44 am
estibesty wrote:
akivachaya wrote:
how about that new show about pregnant teenagers? or the abcfamily show about the girl who gets pregnant in high school? its on abcfamily, which is directed at families, yet each show starts of PARENTAL GUIDANCE whatever

you kidding I love that show it just makes me soo happy about my b"h stable life -these poor kids struggle so much from there 1 small mistake

Unfortunately, teen pregnancy is very real. The show deals with some real life challenges of kids who get pregnant in high school.

I really like 16 and Pregnant. I think it showcases how hard being young and pregnant is. And unfortunately, so many of them openly admit to not using protection. If kids get nothing else out of that show it should be "ALWAYS USE PROTECTION."

WriterMom

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 9:04 am
saw50st8 wrote:
The show deals with some real life challenges of kids who get pregnant in high school.

I really like 16 and Pregnant. I think it showcases how hard being young and pregnant is. And unfortunately, so many of them openly admit to not using protection. If kids get nothing else out of that show it should be "ALWAYS USE PROTECTION."

Part of me thinks this show is harmful because it normalizes a profoundly dysfunctional behavior that's damaging to all involved. Part of me thinks that being more honest about the harm it causes might be helpful.

saw50st8

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 9:09 am
WriterMom wrote:
saw50st8 wrote:
The show deals with some real life challenges of kids who get pregnant in high school.

Part of me thinks this show is harmful because it normalizes a profoundly dysfunctional behavior that's damaging to all involved. Part of me thinks that being more honest about the harm it causes might be helpful.

Its still a TV drama. So they do have to play that aspect of it.

I don't know if you've seen 16 and pregnant though. Its real pregnant kids. Almost all of them have baby daddy trouble post birth. I think that's eye opening to young kids.

ETA: and just to add...I think the adults in The Secret Life of an American Teenager are more dysfunctional than the kids.

Last edited by saw50st8 on Wed, Nov 24 2010, 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total

zigi

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 9:10 am
WriterMom wrote:
saw50st8 wrote:

then they also have teen mom. it follows the lives of the girls from the first season. they are called stars, I guess if someone wants to be famous this is a way to do it. I do like the show though, its interesting,

estibesty

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 12:01 pm
yes it a good show to watch (16 preg) I really got to say its not like dirty its more sad and you learn some good lessons from it even teen mom the spinoff these teens really have it hard cuz as stastistic show almost always the baby daddy does not stay with the mom and she alwasy left with the brunt of it all

Merrymom

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 1:38 pm
Ruchel wrote:
The end of Lost was so disappointing and cheesy. I had to force myself to watch.

Thank you for saying that! I feel like suing them for all the LOST hours of my life spent on that stupid (yes I take this a little too personal, I never even use that word irl LOL ) show. I actually thought at some point it was all going to make sense in the end. They didn't answer half the questions and didn't care either. So now when I see a show advertised "by the producers of Lost" that's my cue to not even watch one second. I hope they never get a chance to write another show again.

mosma

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 1:44 pm
Merrymom wrote:
Ruchel wrote:

Thank you for saying that! I feel like suing them for all the LOST hours of my life spent on that stupid (yes I take this a little too personal, I never even use that word irl LOL ) show. I actually thought at some point it was all going to make sense in the end. They didn't answer half the questions and didn't care either. So now when I see a show advertised "by the producers of Lost" that's my cue to not even watch one second. I hope they never get a chance to write another show again.

I got to the season 5 finale and gave up.

Reality

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 9:29 pm
I watched a few episodes of 16 & Pregnant when I was on vacation. I really liked the show. It was really interesting to watch but I felt it exploited the people involved (like all reality shows). I guess nobody cares about that anymore as long as they get to be on TV.

Reality

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 9:33 pm
And to stay on topic, the worst TV shows are the ones nobody remembers because they got cancelled so fast!

gs675

Post Wed, Nov 24 2010, 9:44 pm
Joey and how I met your mother are the worst!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics