Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to fold linen sets all the same size

SingALong

Post Thu, Nov 25 2010, 4:38 pm
I am attempting to organize my linen closet, and I am having a hard time stacking the linen neatly. the cover, sheet and pillow cases all end up being folded into different sizes. I would like ot be able ot store them set by set, so the matching cover, sheet and pillowcases are folded and stacked together.

what is a good method to fold them nicely and stack neatly into the closet?

I googled pics of organized linen closets and while there were bery nice pictures, I didnt see any demos/instructions on this particular thing...any ideas?

Liba

Post Thu, Nov 25 2010, 5:35 pm
When I am well and the one doing my linen closet I fold each set and put it in the pillow case for that set. It keeps everything looking neat and very very easy to find what I need.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 25 2010, 5:36 pm
Here's one way.
http://video.about.com/houseke.....t.htm

bettyboop

Post Thu, Nov 25 2010, 6:08 pm
I found this video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7hJ6m__jTw

artikidove

Post Thu, Nov 25 2010, 10:46 pm
yeah, good luck. You will need it. I have not yet found the solution so when you do let me know! However I gave up keeping sets together and I stack by item. When I need a set I pull out each piece from it's pile. It's not so bad.

SingALong

Post Fri, Nov 26 2010, 11:48 am
I actually tied each set together with a ribbon, I saw someone do it, but of course hers looked gorgeous since they were all the same exact size, ironed to perfection.
my sets aren't folded perfectly the same size, like I have a few layers here and there sticking out of the pile, but the ribbon holds it together. it also looks pretty.

I want to keep the sets together instead of storing item by item since lately my cleaning lady just puts pillow case, cover and sheet form 3 diff sets on my bed...I think keeping the sets together makes it easier.

now to figure out the towels....

2preciousones

Post Fri, Nov 26 2010, 1:11 pm
I use my ironing board for size. Its kinda hard to explain it without showing you. But I work with that size and my linens are all perfectly stacked the same size.

louche

Post Fri, Nov 26 2010, 1:15 pm
SingALong wrote:
I actually tied each set together with a ribbon, I saw someone do it, but of course hers looked gorgeous since they were all the same exact size, ironed to perfection.
my sets aren't folded perfectly the same size, like I have a few layers here and there sticking out of the pile,

I HATE fitted sheets. All our sheets are the same size, but fitted sheets never fold up really neatly, and yes, I know the method for folding them. My linen closet is neat as an accountant's briefcase, except for the sheets. This doesn't bother me, but when G-d willing my future machatonim (FM) come to meet us for the first time, I may just put all those pesky sheet sets in the hamper! The machatenestehs will think I'm meshugeh organized (yes, of course they will look), and question what sort of mil I will make, but better than than have them think I'm a slob b/c my linen shelves don't like the ones in Macy's just before the start of the business day.

I can see it now:
FM: I don't know about this shidduch, Shaindy/Shmuly (as the case may be): Dovid/Devora (as the case may be) is a delight, but that mother is meshugeh. She folds the dirty laundry in the hamper! What kind of backside-retentive control freak must she be?

Shaindy/Shmuly (as the case may be): Now, Mom, is the thick shake calling the latte fattening? Maybe by folding the laundry she can fit more into the hamper. At least she doesn't iron her linens and tie them up with ribbon like some people we know...

amother

Post Sat, Nov 27 2010, 7:34 pm
louche wrote:
SingALong wrote:
my sets aren't folded perfectly the same size, like I have a few layers here and there sticking out of the pile,

I HATE fitted sheets. All our sheets are the same size, but fitted sheets never fold up really neatly, and yes, I know the method for folding them. My linen closet is neat as an accountant's briefcase, except for the sheets. This doesn't bother me, but when G-d willing my future machatonim (FM) come to meet us for the first time, I may just put all those pesky sheet sets in the hamper! The machatenestehs will think I'm meshugeh organized (yes, of course they will look), and question what sort of mil I will make, but better than than have them think I'm a slob b/c my linen shelves don't like the ones in Macy's just before the start of the business day.

I can see it now:
FM: I don't know about this shidduch, Shaindy/Shmuly (as the case may be): Dovid/Devora (as the case may be) is a delight, but that mother is meshugeh. She folds the dirty laundry in the hamper! What kind of backside-retentive control freak must she be?

Shaindy/Shmuly (as the case may be): Now, Mom, is the thick shake calling the latte fattening? Maybe by folding the laundry she can fit more into the hamper. At least she doesn't iron her linens and tie them up with ribbon like some people we know...

Wow, Louche, I always thought you were such a sensible and level headed person Confused j/k
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry