Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Question about tylenol and medicine for babies...

IloveHashem613

Post Tue, Dec 14 2010, 12:39 am
After I give the medication to my sick baby, am I supposed to sterilize the dropper afterwards?? This just occured to me tonight that if I put the dropper in her mouth and then back in the bottle, the rest of the medication becomes contaminated with her sick germs, no? Please advise...

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Tue, Dec 14 2010, 12:46 am
You are supposed to. Most pple dont. Some pple clean it with rubbing alcohol after each use. I dont

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Tue, Dec 14 2010, 12:46 am
Sweet Valley Gal wrote:
You are supposed to. Most pple dont. Some pple clean it with rubbing alcohol after each use. I dont
Meant to write you are supposed to rinse with warm water. I clean it.

drumjj

Post Tue, Dec 14 2010, 4:46 am
I used to put mine in sterlizing fluid afterwards when they were little after cleaning it through with hot water.

IloveHashem613

Post Tue, Dec 14 2010, 9:25 am
drumjj wrote:
I used to put mine in sterlizing fluid afterwards when they were little after cleaning it through with hot water.

what kind of sterilizing fluid? alcohol?

drumjj

Post Tue, Dec 14 2010, 9:29 am
no in the uk u can buy sterilizing tablets or something called milton, if not I would steam sterilize or microwave sterlize it

Israeli Mother

Post Tue, Dec 14 2010, 11:22 am
IloveHashem613 wrote:
After I give the medication to my sick baby, am I supposed to sterilize the dropper afterwards?? This just occured to me tonight that if I put the dropper in her mouth and then back in the bottle, the rest of the medication becomes contaminated with her sick germs, no? Please advise...

What you really should do is to hold the dropper above your baby's mouth and drop the fluid in so that you are not touching her mouth with the dropper. You don't need to stick the dropper in her mouth to get the medicine into her.

If it's too hard for you to do the above, then squeeze out the proper amount into a bottle with a little bit of fluid in it if she will drink it without resistance or squeeze out the dropper into a cup and use a second dropper to suck up the medicine and give it to the baby and then wash the second dropper with soap or alcohol so that you can keep the first dropper unquestionably clean.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics