Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Eating while nursing

TWINNY

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 1:51 pm
May I?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 1:55 pm
Why on earth not? If you are covered and make a Bracha.....?

mommalah

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 2:02 pm
amother wrote:
Why on earth not? If you are covered and make a Bracha.....?

A woman does not need to be covered....
Why, oh why, are people looking to add more restrictions?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 2:14 pm
A Bracha may not be said when parts of the body that must be covered are showing! therefore if a woman is nursing untzniusdig she should not be saying a bracha! sorry but thats the law!!

mommalah

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 2:17 pm
amother wrote:
A Bracha may not be said when parts of the body that must be covered are showing! therefore if a woman is nursing untzniusdig she should not be saying a bracha! sorry but thats the law!!

That's your Rav's interpretation of the law, perhaps.
I learned in seminary that a woman could technically daven while completely undressed.

farm

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 2:17 pm
No anonymous, it's not the law. Why don't you look it up and then come back and report to us?

mommalah

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 2:24 pm
And why can't you post under your sn? are you embarassed to share your halachic knowledge? Scratching Head

TWINNY

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 2:26 pm
I can make a brachah even if I touched?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 2:27 pm
One presumably does make the bracha in the mikvah, provided she's not Sefardi.

Malasheval

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 2:29 pm
I was told by my posek (a talmid of R' Moshe z"l) that when a woman nurses the area is not even considered a makom mechuseh (covered area) halachically for myself - I.e. do not need to wash hands after touching or cover to make a bracha.

Ask your own LOR.

e1234

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 2:31 pm
my big problem with it is I have dropped food on my baby. - so don't eat hot food.

(now if anyone wants to know why my baby smells like sufguniot Smile

TWINNY

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 2:36 pm
Thanx for your replies!

causemommysaid

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 2:41 pm
a man is not allowed to see a woman uncovered when making a bracha. this refers to all the places she normally would cover. (I left it vague cause what a woman normally covers is subject to many interpretations)

a woman is allowed to see another woman while making a bracha if her "private" area is covered. e/t else can be uncovered. some even hold that because a womens organs are inside her as opposed to a man she can even say a bracha when she is fully undressed.

a man has to cover at least his privates in order to say a bracha or for a bracha to be said in front of him.

Mommy3.5

Post Fri, Dec 03 2010, 1:52 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
One presumably does make the bracha in the mikvah, provided she's not Sefardi.

Not all sefardim make a bracha before they go in...

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sat, Dec 04 2010, 8:20 pm
(That's the classic all squares are rectangles, not all rectangles are squares. I am not aware of any other mesorah besides Sefardim to say the bracha before immersing, so if I'm correct, anyone who says the bracha before immersing is following that minhag, but that doesn't mean that all people who are Sefardi necessarily do it Wink)

MamaBird

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 2:56 pm
I'm sure some mothers would never eat if they didn't do it while nursing!! what I learned is that a woman may say brachos as long as her nether regions are covered, and may also daven in front of other undressed women. however, I also learned that women took it upon themselves to cover their hair while saying brachos (hence the washcloth on top in the mikva--don't know if everyone does this or not...) so from my understanding as long as you're wearing underwear and a tichel, you're ok!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions