Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Vacation and hotel ideas anywhere in israel

amother

Post Tue, Dec 14 2010, 7:26 am
need recommendations for hotel that can give me a nice view and is a pleasent hotel. it can be anywhere. We just want to relax and take it easy, no big trips or anything. if you can say which area or location it is in as well as if you know price range I'd appreciate it.

I was recommended nof arad or nir etzion. any opinions on these?

thank you

Tamiri

Post Tue, Dec 14 2010, 7:44 am
Must it be a hotel? Would a kibbutz guest house/zimmer work for you? If you accept Rabbanut, the options are limitless, including in religious moshavim/kibbutzim and if you have a car, you can reach many places plus go out to dinner every night, if you don't take half-board. There are great places in the North (we just spent 3 nights at Kibbutz Gonen. not even 20 minutes to Kiryat Shmoneh (minyanim available) in the simple accommodations, but they also offer luxurious wood cabins including jacuzzi as well - our vacation was amazing).

smiley:)

Post Tue, Dec 14 2010, 8:41 am
I was at Nir Etzion in May. It was lovely. But a lot of it (not the hotel, but surrounding area) may have been burned in the recent fire. I know the area was evacuated. I assume a lot of the view is gone too.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Dec 14 2010, 8:43 am
There are many nice places to relax, and it really depends what you need around and what hechsher you eat!

I personally loved my stay at Tiberias. On the Tayelet most restaurants have charedi supervision. I can't remember the hotel name, it was new at the time (2007) and gorgeous. Just near the water. Hotel is Golden Tulip.

But you need to know what you need around not to be bored.

miriamnechama

Post Tue, Dec 14 2010, 9:49 am
I've been to rosh pina a couple of times, right next to zfat the view is amazing.

I was only twice in a hotel through dh's work and yes nearly went to eilat recently but we declined the offer.

greentiger

Post Tue, Dec 14 2010, 12:08 pm
I would highly recommend going to a zimmer up north. Google for a bit and drool over the photos. We did a bit of research and for extra pay, you can get breakfast delivered to you too. Many of the zimmers there have the breakfast prepared and delivered by the same woman who is frum, so you can request that it be mehadrin (if the zimmer doesn't know then ask for the number and speak to the cook directly). Also since we came in the middle of the week, and not a weekend which is prime time, the owner agreed to not take any additional bookings for the days we were there, so we were able to use the outdoor pool. A car is a must though.

greentiger

Post Tue, Dec 14 2010, 12:12 pm
just to add that I wouldn't recommend nof arad for relaxing. I was there for a 7 brachos and well its nice but be prepared for lots of kids running around and the rooms look like a slight improvement on a dormitory.

KiKi

Post Tue, Dec 14 2010, 12:54 pm
We had a very nice time in Teveria. We stayed at the Leonardo Plaza, which was once the Sheraton. We were overlooking the water so was beautiful! As Ruchel said, they have a nice boardwalk to stroll on, and kosher restaurants. We went in the summer which is peak season, maybe now its a bit quieter... whatever you end up doing - I hope u get to relax and enjoy!!

amother

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 11:17 am
Thanks. I appreciate all suggestions

newatthis

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 3:32 pm
We are going to villarimona.com in a week and a half for 2 nights up north near Teverya! I can't wait!!!

Liba

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 3:46 pm
http://www.nir-ezion.co.il/ePa.....p;d=E Here is Nir Etzion's website... It is the only place I have been to, and it was nice but the room I was in was nice, but not American five star nice.

The food was absolutely fabulous though. The pool was great for me as well.

I would recommend it and would love to go back.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions