Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Amazon.com Mom
Previous  1  2

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 4:43 pm
Tova wrote:
The 20% off coupons - are they in Parents or Parenting magazine? Are they in every single issue? And they are on top of the 30% subscribe and save discount?

Both magazines have them. And yes, you can combine for a total of 50% off! It's awesome.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 9:05 pm
It's not exactly 50%. I think the 20% is after the 30% is taken off.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 9:06 pm
BTW, not sure if I mentioned this, but there is also a $1 off coupon on these Pampers on Amazon that you "clip" right now.
I just paid $17 for 204 size 3 Pampers.

Tova

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 9:12 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
It's not exactly 50%. I think the 20% is after the 30% is taken off.

Yes! That's how it works mathematically. Once I was in a store where they added the percentages together and I tried to argue w/ them that that is not how it works, but when they were equally insistent I decided to let it go as I was getting a bigger discount.

I just ordered size 5's for 16 cents each (Target diapers 23 cents in that size) and size 6's for 20 cents each (Target diapers 29 cents in that size). Plus no sales tax and don't have to shlep home.

Both Parents and Parenting have 3 year subscriptions for $12 (what's that? Like 30-something cents an issue?) but I also am not in the mood of subscribing. After my kids were born I got some free issues and now for some reason get Disney's Family Fun for free every few months which has great crafts and is basically geared to kids so I don't mind having it around.

PIP

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 9:13 pm
For the people paying with cc linked to their bank account, be careful because if someone gets a hold of your cc number they can take all your money out of the bank. It happened to me once. We checked our bank account and $3,000 was missing. Now we have two accounts. Our regular account, and another account that has no money in it. We transfer money into that account as we place our online orders.

Tova

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 9:15 pm
When I used a card like that it DID have credit card like liability protection.

In any event, may this order of jumbo sizes of diapers be a "segula" for my kids to get toilet trained (really the 3.5 year old).

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 9:24 pm
Hatzlacha, Tova!!

wtvr

Post Thu, Dec 16 2010, 10:12 pm
In this case, it does work out to 50% off- they take each percentage off the original price.

Re the coupons in Parents: I wouldn't rush a subscription, (unless you can get a really good deal, and want the magazine anyway) as there's no guarantee that the coupons will be in them. The current issue, (January) doesn't have any coupons.

150 request

Post Fri, Dec 17 2010, 12:05 am
I also use the subscribe and save for my pampers and wipes - plus beacause im signed up I also get amazon prime for all my other shopping - its ausome!

Where exactly are these coupons in the parenting magazine? I get it monthly (almost for 3 yrs already) - Ive never seen them - where can I find them?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains