Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
What to do for first Yartziet

supermom

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 1:58 pm
My fathers first yartziet is in a month.

My mother is doing something big and everyone of my siblings are going to be there. Me well as everyone knows already I am here on the other side of the world. What is appropiate to do for the yartziet on my part. Something small? Big? Just for family? Family and friends? Females only? Or the whole community which is very small?

All the help I can get is very well welcomed.

My cousin thinks I should be doing something very big and to say something but that isn't really what I am up to making any speeches or saying something. The subject is still to hard for me to talk about without me chocking up on my words. Is it still necessary to say something?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 2:04 pm
The inmportant thing is the kaddish and to give tzedekah. You can give siddurim to a shul or sponsor a kiddush or something like that.

You don't need a mind blowing event.

Do you what you think is best. And what you can afford!

hardwrknmom

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 3:27 pm
supermom- I can't believe it's a year already. I don't think it has to be BIG, perhaps a small gathering at home for family and friends. You can write something up and if you feel you can't do it, its okay.

supermom

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 3:54 am
Sarag not a bad idea and this would save me from being uncomfortable but should I just make a cake and bring wine to shul for my husband to make a small thing? I feel weird not doing anything but as they say I will be dained if I do or dained if I don't.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 10:21 am
I think that's fine. It's not that quantity that matters.

It's what comes from the heart.

I have my own father's yortzeit coming on, and it falls out on Labor Day this year. A day that nothing but nothing is doing.......

I may do the same thing!

supermom

Post Sun, Jul 16 2006, 7:08 am
My fathers dream was that he will come to israel and go to hospital to hospital and sing for every person that went through a paguah. He wanted to give them hope and encouragment through his voice and words.

For his yartziet I would like to donate money to help victims that went through the trama. But where do I go to give the money to? How do I go about it?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jul 17 2006, 10:37 am
watch yourself. that's what I do.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics