Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Binah bunch vs. Mishpacha JR.

Coke Slurpee

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 10:15 am
I currently have a subscription to Mishpacha and I was just wondering if anyone who reads both - can tell me which jr. mag. is more appropriate for kids ages 4. 5 and six. I'm thinking of buying binah, but want to know if they have more stories/articles for kids that age than mishpacha.

Thanx
sonni

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 2:13 pm
binahi sdefinitely for the younger crowd.

avigayil

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 2:19 pm
I buy Binah each Friday and give the Binah Bunch to my friend with kids in that age group. They really like it and the projects in there are good too.

MyKidsRQte

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 6:27 pm
I buy both, because my kids love both, but my kids are older-they are 6-14yrs old

lotte

Post Thu, Feb 01 2007, 7:49 pm
We but both every week.
My daughters LOVE Binah much more than Mishpacha.

frummom

Post Fri, Feb 02 2007, 8:27 am
we get both. every friday I read my younger kids (in this order) kitty at the katzman's, savta, and shikufitzky. after that it's a toss-up, depending on which one of the older ones wants mishpacha jr. (and how patient they are) and which one has been reading binah bunch (and how fast they read)! they really like them both, but I think the younger ones like mishpacha jr. better. of course, getting both has the added bonus of getting mishpacha/family first and binah. Very Happy

ILOVELIFE

Post Wed, Apr 21 2010, 8:42 pm
Just wondering-- what do you think now-- 3 yrs later?

What do your kids love/hate now? What ages?

dmum

Post Sun, Apr 25 2010, 2:21 pm
I don't buy them on a regular basis, but I do know the content.

mishpacha junior is much more suitable for younger readers. my 4 yr old is reading now, and nothing at all in the binah bunch was suitable for her to read to herself over pesach. whereas the jnr has 2 or 3 things that a beginning reader could read, or that a 2-3yr old would enjoying hearing, eg jolly solly etc. when I tried to read my kids stories from binah bunch or hamodia magazine they were lost after the first 2 pgphs.

also, the layout in binah bunch is too 'messy' for little kids to follow. it's all over the page and not clear to them where they should read next. for 7-11 yr olds, however, it's great.

vus veis ich

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 2:38 am
binah is for preteens only. mispacha junior is for kids of all ages, and their parents. there is information in fyi, great pictures for the little ones, stories that grab my kid's attention, I just love mishpacha. binah bunch I trash right when I get, and only read the adult. my kids don't like it and the pictures look more like a scrapbook than anything else. not inviting at all.

merelyme

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 3:14 am
Welcome, gittelchany. I see you're new.
Can I ask - how old are your kids?

vus veis ich

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 3:42 am
my kids are young. not old enough for binah bunch at all.

Pandabeer

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 2:31 pm
mishpacha junior for very young to teenagers.
Binah bunch, although it has good projects it's really made for bigger kids - let's say from about 9 yrs

Amy3

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 11:01 am
The Mishpacha Jr is what you need. The Bina Bunch is geared to ages 8-12.
My 5 year old loves the stories in the Mishpacha that are at her level,
Jolly Solly, The Rabbits, Yaffa Ganz's stories etc....

das

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 6:08 pm
Definitely MJ. Like Amy3 says, its geared to much younger kids. Jolly Solly, Lets pretend, and Yaffa Ganz articles are perfect for that age group. And they might like Shikufitzky.

Strawberry2

Post Wed, Sep 07 2011, 12:10 pm
the junior is more for your age range than the binah.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room