Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Being unfriendly

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 11:23 am
We all work hard during the day and when the bosses go home, sometimes the support staff stays and shmoozes a little.

However, I'm usually in a rush - how do I excuse myself as I'm running to do my shopping, etc., without being unfriendly?

ny21

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 11:26 am
I would just excuse myself and go and do my own thing!

chen

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 11:38 am
Presentation is everything. If you have sayver ponim yofos during the day, and when you leave smile warmly, cheerfully wish e/o a good evening, maybe throw in a lame joke like "I'm off to the salt mines, see you tomorrow"--no one will accuse you of being unfriendly.

Imhappy!

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 11:41 am
I'm in the same boat... I usally say gotta run see you all tommorow... if your nice all day I don't think you get marked unfriendly b/c your in a rush....

Tefila

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 12:00 pm
Quote:
However, I'm usually in a rush - how do I excuse myself as I'm running to do my shopping, etc., without being unfriendly?

Hmm how long can you give them perhaps 10 min twice aweek Confused

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 12:04 pm
I think everyone is in a rush sometimes. That's life.

Theproblem is when people misinterpret it as unfriendliness.

Tefila

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 12:13 pm
I totaly understand I am too in a rush more often then not. SO perhaps give them an alternative to calling you later on the phone or emailing whichewver is more conveniant for you. It would only be once or twice a week but even that if consistant can change ones view about someone not being friendly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics