Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Shalom zachor

ila

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 10:08 pm
Hi, I need help for a menu for a shalom zachor that will be in my friends house, that doesnt have place for everyone seating in table, thank you in advance Smile

Fabulous

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 10:13 pm
shalum zucher is come and go. Beer and chick peas.

Then nosh like nuts, candy, soda, chips, cookies or cake. If you'd like some kugel, but most people come after the meal so they don't really need food, just snacks.

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 10:14 pm
What do you mean menu? All the shalom zachors I have been to just had cakes and pastries and candy. No hot food that I remember of...

ila

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 10:17 pm
original post here
dont know how you call it, sefaradim call it sha del az, the night before the brit, men come to say the zohar and here in panama usually they put hot food also but my friend doesnt want to...

Fabulous

Post Thu, Dec 23 2010, 10:22 pm
oh, that's a voch nacht.

ok. same with candies and nosh.

Maybe some gefilte fish.

Maybe some cold cuts.

In addition, if you can have sterno trays of kugel, maybe sesame chicken, lo mein, pepper steak (If the budget allows). Most people cater it but it can be done homemade too if a few people pitch in.

It's usually come and go too.

Also, usually people make "pekalach" I.e. little nosh bags for the people that come to take home. Again you can buy them ready made or make them yourself. It's like a wafer, lolly, and candy or chips. Just beware to have a lot because people take a few home to their families.

I made over 100 for my son's and it was gone in the first hour.

Mazel tov!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics