Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Clothing donation
Previous  1  2

Beauticianista

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 10:26 am
Hey all,

so I didn't yet get the info from my mom yet embarrassed but in this week's Link Chasdei Yonah is advertising their clothing drive in Boro park, Williamsburg and Flatbush: It is today March 22 only from 11 A.M. to 7 P.M. and the locations are:

B.P.: 46th St. between 16th & 17th Ave.
Flatbush: E. 8th st. and Ave. L (near R' Landau's shul)
Willi: Wallabout St. (Near Dinov Beis Medras)

Suggested donation is $1 per bag. Please package shoes separately.

718-759-7642

amother

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 5:11 pm
Bump

I know I'm early but I am organizing my closets and would like to donate old clothing.

any suggestions?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 5:22 pm
Send it to england. We're constantly getting requests for used clothes- from jewish and nonjewish organizations. I dont know why no one in ny has arranged things like that yet.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 6:07 pm
Every time I travel I clean out my closets and drawers and take a few pieces of luggage to leave where I am going. I recently left tons of stuff in London, and they were thrilled. Much of it was brand new, the rest hardly worn. I take stuff to EY all the time. There should be more gmachs to take care of this so that useful things should not go to the trash.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 6:10 pm
I have no problem donating stuff to ppl living in England. I just dont know how to get it over to you. Can we arrange something?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 6:16 pm
Another idea, if you have good used clothing, with brand names, it sells easily on ebay. Keep the money or give it away. The people pay for shipping, and its a good way to get back some of what you paid. You can sell it in huge batches if that is easier for you, say a load of one size or type. Or even an assortment if its children's or baby clothes.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 7:15 am
For more than a decade now, my mom has had a huge bulk of warm jackets to give away. Except it's too big, no one ever wanted it. Not in France, not in Belgium, not in Israel. Ironic, no?

hannah95

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 12:18 pm
Ruchel wrote:
For more than a decade now, my mom has had a huge bulk of warm jackets to give away. Except it's too big, no one ever wanted it. Not in France, not in Belgium, not in Israel. Ironic, no?

Hi Ruchel Smile

Kuppat Hair just set up a shop in the 16th arrondissement of Paris where they take all kind of clothes donation for Israel ! Your mom can drop them off anytime and they will of course be accepted Smile
You can also contact them, they may be able to arrange a pick up Smile

Luvinglife

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 5:48 pm
For those inquiring about NY pick up, a chabad house does pick ups FREE OF CHARGE for household items, toys, linen, shoes, and clothing. They can be reached 718-342-4444. (The reason I am writing free of charge in all caps is because I was pretty exasperated when I tried to donate clothing in EUC, only to find out the amount I had to pay)

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jan 04 2011, 6:00 am
hannah95 wrote:
Ruchel wrote:

Hi Ruchel Smile

Kuppat Hair just set up a shop in the 16th arrondissement of Paris where they take all kind of clothes donation for Israel ! Your mom can drop them off anytime and they will of course be accepted Smile
You can also contact them, they may be able to arrange a pick up Smile

Thank you!
I'll tell her! It will probably have to be a pick up especially in the 16 though.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics