Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Rabbanut Kitchen with Mehadrin Guests: How?

zipporah

Post Sun, Jan 09 2011, 5:36 am
How can I host someone for Shabbat who keeps Mehadrin if we keep Rabbanut? What do we need to do besides get food with Mehadrin hechshers?

Marion

Post Sun, Jan 09 2011, 5:42 am
Nothing. At least, that's been my experience. It's the food they're worried about, not your dishes.

shalhevet

Post Sun, Jan 09 2011, 5:46 am
Ask them.

First of all, not everyone eats everything that says mehadrin on the package. If you are used to buying rabbanut, you might think anything that says any kind of badatz is okay - that is not always the case. Ask them what specific hechsherim.

About dishes - again, depends. We are fine eating off kosher dishes which have been used for rabbanut food, but I know not everyone holds that way.

zipporah

Post Sun, Jan 09 2011, 5:59 am
What about ovens? Do I cook everything on the stove? Buying a pot and pan isn't a big deal, but I'm not getting a new oven obviously... Smile

hadasa

Post Sun, Jan 09 2011, 7:08 am
I think you'd have to ask them.

rovacat

Post Sun, Jan 09 2011, 7:43 am
ask them which hechshers they prefer. people can be really specific- especially if it's chicken and meat.
your dishes and appliances really should be ok. and also check which produce hechshers they hold by. some people only eat badatz.
but you should know that your kitchen is kosher if you follow all the halachot. don't feel that it's not.

zipporah

Post Sun, Jan 09 2011, 7:56 am
It's just to make a good impression. I'm trying to show off the yishuv. I don't feel bad. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen