Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Shabbos Sheva Brachos

amother

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 12:53 pm
Someone I know is planning a Shabbos Sheva Brachos, and we were talking about different meal arrangements. My question is, where were your meals hosted? Did your parents make the meals, did your parent's friends host any meals, were the meals at a shul or hall, or was it at a hotel? If it was near your parent's house, did all your DH's siblings come and/or other extended family?

Thanks for your help.

aidelmaidel

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 1:17 pm
amother wrote:
Someone I know is planning a Shabbos Sheva Brachos, and we were talking about different meal arrangements. My question is, where were your meals hosted? Did your parents make the meals, did your parent's friends host any meals, were the meals at a shul or hall, or was it at a hotel? If it was near your parent's house, did all your DH's siblings come and/or other extended family?

Thanks for your help.

I think it depends on the make up of your family. If your family is small and can be accomodated in someone's home, I think that's preferable.

I know someone with 3 siblings. Each of the 4 adult children has relatively large families. Plus there are all the mechuntanim, bubbies and zaydies, etc. So they have agreed that as their children get married, the 4 adult children get together and they pay for a catered shabbos lunch sheva brochas and they have it in one of the smaller halls in the neighborhood (usually used for l'chaims and very small weddings).

amother

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 1:33 pm
We had ours in the Shul social hall.

lizard8

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 2:59 pm
amother wrote:
We had ours in the Shul social hall.

Me too. My aunts and uncles hosted one meal and my parents did the other.

busydev

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 3:04 pm
it was in a shul social hall. my mother organized it- she made some foods but mostly friends or in town family made the food. It was for family (those few that were still around) and a few close friends.

my SILs shabbos sheva brachos were in a neighbors basement- they often loan it out to people for sheva brachos and bar mitzvas. one meal was cooked by the neighbors who were also invited for dessert and one meal was cooked by family- each sil made something as did aunts that were in town.

mom/2

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 3:26 pm
By us the girl's parents usually make it in a hall and catered. The siblings of both sides are invited, and some extended family too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics