Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Spagetti and Ketchup
Previous  1  2  3

sarahd

Post Sat, Jan 15 2011, 5:28 pm
Does it have to be spaghetti with the ketchup? My 2 year old refuses to eat his 'roni without "keputch". I like it also that way (not spaghetti and ketchup, though) but I always knew I was a low-class peasant. This just confirms it.

sarahnurit

Post Sat, Jan 15 2011, 5:45 pm
Ruchel wrote:
To me it's a bit gross and low class a dish.
Pasta goes with tomato sauce (or non tomato, or butter, or plain) but never with ketchup. The tastes just conflict. My dh is Italian and can't believe some would use ketchup instead of tomato sauce!!
Ketchup is for French fries, though they can also go with TS!

As an Italian, I can say that I would never serve spaghetti and ketchup...

shanie5

Post Sat, Jan 15 2011, 11:15 pm
love & marriage
horse & carriage
spaghetti & ketchup

Its a given!

ClaRivka

Post Mon, Jan 17 2011, 2:08 am
growing up I wasnt viewed as one of the "frum" kids so I could see the differences between us all. They ate noodles and ketchup. to me it sounds absolutely disgusting. I always saw it as a thing that fruummies do bc they have no taste. my husband asks for it now and I wholeheartedly believe that its bc he grew up a frummie. he eats ketchup with literally everrything. to me ketchup isnt even a condiment worth using....

Rodent

Post Mon, Jan 17 2011, 4:39 am
I had never heard of spaghetti and ketchup until I was working in a Jewish school in Brooklyn and it was served for lunch. I thought it was totally gross, cheap-skate and lazy, never knew it was a staple... I can have lazy cooking moments with my kids but I don't go quite that far, proper pasta sauce only.

joy613

Post Mon, Jan 17 2011, 8:43 am
Another pasta and ketchup eater (sometimes) here. Why is it lazy and cheap skate? some people (kids especially) like it better than tomato sauce. It's good when you add cottage cheese in it too Smile

multitask

Post Mon, Jan 17 2011, 12:51 pm
I dont understand why we are going back and forth on this topic. Everyone is entitled to their own tastes and food combinations. My mother for example is a very not fussy eater and would eat anything with everything. She has no problem eating out of the fridge something that is suppose to be served hot and same vise versa. I would call that low class, but rather very easygoing and not fussy. This is a blessed nature cuz she can eat whatever is served to her.

cookielady

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 2:07 am
multitask wrote:
I dont understand why we are going back and forth on this topic. Everyone is entitled to their own tastes and food combinations. My mother for example is a very not fussy eater and would eat anything with everything. She has no problem eating out of the fridge something that is suppose to be served hot and same vise versa. I would call that low class, but rather very easygoing and not fussy. This is a blessed nature cuz she can eat whatever is served to her.
The op said this was a typical (not exact quote) Jewish food. So some ppl are saying they grew up with it while others haven't seen it or don't eat it. They hardly think it's representative jewish food.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen