Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Ds stopped eating soilds, does this make sense?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 1:44 am
Ds is three years old. He has large tonsils and he's schudeled to take them out. Two weeks ago he got strep and since then he refuses to eat anything soild. Nothing! He eats leben and yogert all day and drinks a lot, but nothing soild. On shabbos we tried getting him to eat a chickpea (dh told him he'll get a toy if he eats it) he tried eating it but when it came to swollow he cried and even threw up! Does it make sense that it's his tonsils that's stopping him to eat? Or can it be something else? The dr said it is his tonsils and it's not dangerous as long as he is drinking and not dehyderated. I'm just wondering if there's something else I could do to help him. Also I need ideas of different liqueds to give him. It has to be completly smooth and clear ( no peices in it) or else he'll refuse to eat it. Thanx.

bnm

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 1:50 am
yes. my daughter recently had strep and threw up a few times and her eating level went down-we keep an eye on it because she dosn't eat much to begin with.

if it hurts to eat they won't. if he will drink smoothies make some with full fat ice cream and add some nutritious fruits and protein to it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics