Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Cooking pot. kugel in crock pot

proud_mama

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 7:50 pm
does anyone here make a potatoe kugel in a crock pot, meaning putting it in raw in a crock pot - not with cholent, and letting it cook until shabbos morning. someone just told me she ate it by someone, I would love to know the details, how long before shabbos do you put it up, and do you cook it on high, medium or warm.
TIA

proud_mama

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 6:18 pm
anyone??

No cakes

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 6:24 pm
Im sorry never heard of it before but it does sound good. Let that person who ate it ask the person who made it what she did if she liked it that much!!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 8:17 am
I know someone who makes something like this, with a layer of meat in between.
The kugel has a soft mushy consistancy, you can't get nice squares. It's delicious.

mk1125

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 5:28 pm
my mother used to put raw kugel batter into a bag, made some holes in the bag and put it into the crock pot with chulent. I know u said not with chulent but its worth a try. it comes out mushy, but great!

obagys

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 5:35 pm
My brother actually does this for his family (he loves to cook!). He just makes the regular potato kugel recipe and it cooks on low. I think he adds a bit of extra oil to the crockpot before pouring in the kugel batter. It is DELICIOUS but unfortunately there is no "pretty" way to serve it, so he just scoops it out and puts it in a nice serving dish.

elmos

Post Mon, Dec 27 2010, 3:41 pm
Do you know what time they put it up on friday meaning how long dos it cook for

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Dec 27 2010, 3:52 pm
Are we discussing my beloved Yapchick? Mmmmmmmm

Dini20

Post Sat, Jan 22 2011, 5:03 pm
I make this all the time. Do you still want to know how to make it?

Mirabelle

Post Sat, Jan 22 2011, 5:05 pm
Dini20 wrote:
I make this all the time. Do you still want to know how to make it?

I want to know how to make it!

Dini20

Post Sat, Jan 22 2011, 5:14 pm
I use a 3 qt round crock pot. Spray very very well with pam then put a little oil on bottom. Make your regular potato kugel recipe & pour it in. Put a piece of silver foil to cover & then put the crock pot cover. Leave on high for a few hours & then on low until shabbos morning. Invert onto a platter. Sometimes the crust stays in the pan so just use a spoon to get it out & put it over the middle (so it's in the shape of the crock pot on the platter). I put a knife & spoon on the platter because the crust is thick & needs to be cut with a knife. Then scoop out some of the middle. Everyone loves it!
And if you see the top of the kugel looks a little dry before shabbos put a little (very little) oil on top & then put the foil & cover back on.

CK2

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 6:09 pm
I do the same but don't use silver foil. Delicious and my kids love it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes