Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
I need tznius skirts for my almost 3 y.o... help- where!?

proudmamma

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 11:11 pm
Hey! My eldest daughter is BH almost 3 y.o, and will be needing to wear only tznius skirts and dresses, etc..
She is quite tall, and all the skirts I have for her hit above her knee!
HELP!! Does anyone have any suggestions of where to shop.. and what to do, etc?
Am I alone on this? People tell me "Dont worry, just put tights under the skirt, and it will be ok!" I am very strict with tznius, and will not go for that...
Can't wait to hear from you Smile

mama-star

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 11:29 pm
buy larger size skirts with elastic waists and take in the waists
when my girls were that age I just bought them bigger jumpers (didn't have too many skirts as I recall)

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 11:30 pm
You can buy larger sizes and add in an elastic for the waste line so it wont fall off....

losingweight

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 11:49 pm
Are you in Brooklyn? The local merchants carry longer length skirts in small sizes,

mamommommy

Post Tue, Jan 25 2011, 12:02 am
If you have access to frum stores, most of them will carry tznius skirts in small sizes.

Stores like The Childrens Place usually have skirts with adjustable waists so if you buy a size or two larger, they cover the knee.

Lands End always has a cute selection of dresses that are made to fall below the knee. (Sometimes skirts too.)

proudmamma

Post Tue, Jan 25 2011, 8:30 am
thanks everybody for our quick responses! I will def. try these recommendations! I do live in brklyn, but find that the frum stores charge mucho $$$$ for basic skirts.. I could totally be wrong on that, though. I know thats how it is for women's skirts Smile
I will try getting her a size 4T, and then adjusting the waist myself!!
Best Smile

losingweight

Post Tue, Jan 25 2011, 8:35 am
Most of the time larger sizes in the non jewish stores means wider and not really longer. The heimishe stores are on sale now.

quickchef

Post Tue, Jan 25 2011, 8:52 am
proudmamma wrote:
thanks everybody for our quick responses! I will def. try these recommendations! I do live in brklyn, but find that the frum stores charge mucho $$$$ for basic skirts.. I could totally be wrong on that, though. I know thats how it is for women's skirts Smile
I will try getting her a size 4T, and then adjusting the waist myself!!
Best Smile

Sometimes I go up to size 6 or even 7... (Gap, H&M) - they usually have adjustable waists so it works well...

shlomitsmum

Post Tue, Jan 25 2011, 8:56 am
http://www.oldnavy.com/product.....s.jsp

Really cute and on sale ...I love the camel kaki one ,paired with a white button down it gives a very ralph lauren kids look !

shmoopy

Post Tue, Jan 25 2011, 1:28 pm
Linda Leal makes an adorable pencil skirt that covers the knees. It starts out at size 4 is so small and cute. I know there is a store in Lakewood that sells it. I think they ship, if you want their info I can give it to you.

racz

Post Tue, Jan 25 2011, 1:45 pm
Try Mr. Rosenberg's store on 13th avenue (I live out of town and he comes here as man in the truck, I got my 11 year old DD skirts for $15.)

mommy9

Post Tue, Jan 25 2011, 7:41 pm
french toast has tznius skirts. I don't know if they have in toddler sizes. check it out. 1800 french toast or french toast.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries