Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Hes a night owl

Pooh

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 10:29 am
I thnk ill have to surrender and finally admit that my two and a half year old is a night person, like his mother. Its very hard to wake him mup in the morning, if iot werent for me waking him, he wakes up ohis own at 930. When I wake him up he is vey crancky and its a war justbto get him dressed. I have tried very hard to put him to sleep earlier for my sake and for his, but he just wont fall asleep early. The earliest he goes to sleep, after a whole war, is 930, which I wouldnt mind if it was more frequent, because thanks to my dear husband who spoils him and gives me no authority, he really goes to sleep at ten or eleven. I hate this, I want him to be a regular kipd with regular hours, but I really think he is officiallyi a night person, and that doesnt really change so easily. I have tried tiring him during the day so he can sleep earlier,but if he does fall asleep at lets say seven, he takes it as a nap and he wakes up at nine allpowered up and ready to play, so its counterproductive.
Please help

Nomad

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 11:00 am
"The earliest he goes to sleep, after a whole war, is 930, which I wouldnt mind if it was more frequent, because thanks to my dear husband who spoils him and gives me no authority, he really goes to sleep at ten or eleven. "

what do you mean theres a whole war to get him to bed at 9:30? does he have a bedtime routine so that he knows when bedtime is coming? what happens when you put him down?

also, you and dh need to have a talk and get on the same page.

Pooh

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 11:42 am
He knows the routine but the problem is that now that I recentky had a baby and he hade to spend some time in my sisters house with her three year old who taught him how to get in and out of his crib, so that shoots the whole routine out the window. He throws a tantrum when I put him in bed, and its just very unpleasant, and he get out.

The tslk with dh has been had plenty of times, but he doesnt give me authority which is why I think my son thinks he can disregard what I say. He gets home at nine or ten sometimes so he wants to hang out with him, so if he is still awake mysn knows he csn get away with not sleeping, dh takes him outmof the crib and lets him watch uncle moishy, dudu fisher etc videos or play on the ipad for hours. He is addicted to the compuoter,ipad, smartphone, to the point that at his young agae of twomhe knows how to work a computer just like I do, he justbdoesnt know how to type, its kpinda scary. Im going nuts aready
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics