Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Seziures! please help!

amother

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 9:19 am
I got to know a mother of a 16 YO boy who suffers from seziures latley, the boy is a real nice & smart kid and understands perfectly his situation, which causes him to be very depressed and not intrested in life. His mother feels that if he'll find someone in same position as him - a boy/guy in the age of 15-20 with the same problem - to talk with, it will ease a lot of the pain.
does anyone know of a similler situation? please, please please help!

amother

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 7:23 pm
how severe are the seizures.

happyone

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 4:31 am
call Chai Lifeline at 212-465-1300. They'll help connect her to another parent. There also is a support group for parents of children with seizures. You can call Refuah 845-782-2000, they'll give you the contact information.
good luck.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 6:36 am
thanks loads, happyone.

Isher

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 7:44 am
There is a support group for parents of kids with seizures that might be worth getting in touch with. They can put your son in touch with others his age. The organization is run by 2 heimishe woman, it is called "someich noflim" 845-641-3731. (One of the woman are currently in EY so I don't know if you'll get through to anyone, I guess you can leave a message.)

BestMomBrooklyn

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 8:17 am
I just hope his mother understands that after every seizure, the neurological function suffers from the 'attack', and the result is depressed ability to functioning, causing 'depression' as we call it. This boy CANNOT cheer himself up on his own will. It's neurological. Same goes for gastrointestinal attacks for sufferers of Irritable Bowel Diseases such as crohns, colitits, etc.

The above numbers are great referrals.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics