Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Looking for a Decent Job in special education! PLZ Help!!!!!

RoseSharon

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 11:58 am
I am eligible for my internship license in students with disabilities 1-6 an will graduate with my full certification in June. I have ABA experience and having student taught and observed only in public schools, I have good knowledge of NYC standards and core curriculum as well as how to modify them accordingly to accommodate my learners. I am also computer literate and can make smartboard and PowerPoint lessons which have in my student teaching proven effective for my students. All I need is a chance and a job which has no excuses why my check bounced or was late for the third time in a row!!!! PM me for my resume and I will be happy to send it to the e-mail address that will be provided. Please note that I am still in school and will be required to perform a study for my thesis which is due in June of this year. The study will not be invasive. All I require is a stable place and population to do a study, so if anyone can help me with that even if it is not a full time job, I will be grateful. Thank you and Tizku Lmitzvot!!!!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 12:07 pm
if you look in the jewish newspapers (jewish press), they sometimes have openings for special education (like shema koleinu). good luck!!
I am currently doing SEIT, but I would not recommend you going into that right now, because even working there 4+ years, it's January and I still don't have a "full" case load (20 hrs).
Good luck!!

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 12:51 pm
Why dont you call Yeled VYalda, they have 3 ABA programs, maybe they have newly diagnosed kids with no available ABA therapists? or they might need SEITs as well. It's very hard to find therapists mid year, you might just be there yeshuah. Yeled supplies most of the therapists to the schools in Brooklyn, you might just be in luck. Give them a call.

Also, Challenge and Shma Koleinu area always looking for more ABA therapists. I think you should start calling around the agencies yourself.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 12:58 pm
I don't think YVY needs SEITS, as I said even "old" therapists aren't full. They probably don't need ABAs either, as my cousin applied...but hey, it doesn't hurt to call & try! especially if you can travel around Brooklyn.

RoseSharon

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 1:23 pm
I worked in challenge last year but left to do student teaching in a PS, my certification is for 1-6 grade so I couldn't stay. For me there is no room for advancement due to my certification not for EC. If anything else I will ask for my job back, but I wish I could use my above mentioned skills.

nicole81

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 1:26 pm
have you considered extending your license? I know for my area of certification, I can expand my license by 3 grades just by taking 2 classes.

also are you specifically looking to work in a jewish place? or public school is ok?

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 1:56 pm
Oh, I didnt realize you specifically need over age 6. they dont do that in any of the centers - the centers are til age 5 - and SEITs in the schools are overabundant...

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 2:26 pm
P3 is always an option

RoseSharon

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 6:51 pm
I began the process to become a P3 but I have not received a yes or no answer. I also plan to extend my certification to include birth through 2nd grade after I graduate in June. I have a plan I just need something for now for my thesis. In all honesty if parnasa was not an issue I would just be volunteering in the PS I did my student teaching in. In September my son will be starting yeshivah so I will need some for of income.

nicole81

Post Sat, Jan 29 2011, 6:49 pm
I know of an immediate ICT opening in upper manhattan. The position just became available yesterday. It is a temporary, full time job. If you are certified and interested, you can pm me for more info.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries