Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Recomendations for good romantic comedies / romantic movies
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

littles

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 8:51 pm
I like so many of the movies mentioned! I wanted to add a oretty kosher movie, I can't remember if there is even any kissing and definitely tznius clothing the whole way through. It is in black and white though: It Happened One Night. I am in my early thirties too and consider The Notebook one of my favorites to give you a frame of reference!

Has anyone seen The Time Traveler's Wife? I read the book, but haven't seen the movie.

I also loved Say Anything and Some Kind of Wonderful as a teen, don't think anyone mentioned those yet.

I also like Sliding Doors, but not sure it is a true romantic comedy, but an interesting story with Gwenyth Paltrow.
Oh Shakespeare in Love and the English Patient, not comedies, but very romantic.

Yocheved84

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 8:52 pm
"Forget Paris" and "You've Got Mail"

littles

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 8:57 pm
Knocked Up

shanie5

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 10:43 pm
littles wrote:
I like so many of the movies mentioned! I wanted to add a oretty kosher movie, I can't remember if there is even any kissing and definitely tznius clothing the whole way through. It is in black and white though: It Happened One Night. I am in my early thirties too and consider The Notebook one of my favorites to give you a frame of reference!

Has anyone seen The Time Traveler's Wife? I read the book, but haven't seen the movie.

I also loved Say Anything and Some Kind of Wonderful as a teen, don't think anyone mentioned those yet.

I also like Sliding Doors, but not sure it is a true romantic comedy, but an interesting story with Gwenyth Paltrow.
Oh Shakespeare in Love and the English Patient, not comedies, but very romantic.

I did. I read the book before I ever knew there would be a movie and could not imagine them doing a good job of it. The movie was excellent!! Cant remember the tznius level though.

Avrahamamma

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 11:35 pm
my husband and I just watched IQ and we looooved it. very funny, witty, cute and romantic. meg ryan was really quite tzanua the whole time. and she's the only female in the movie.

littles

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 11:15 pm
Defending Your Life with Albert Brooks and Meryl Streep
Family Man
Jerry Maguire
Moonstruck

Fabulous

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 11:17 pm
littles wrote:
Knocked Up

I'm usually not so sensitive but the foul language in this movie totally threw me off. I stopped watching half an hour in because I just couldn't take it.

Depressed

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 12:04 am
Kate and Leopold

Annie

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 1:17 am
adding A Very Long Engagement (if you don't mind subtitled movies), this made me cry over and over again and was a nice historical piece too.

ElJayMom

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 2:50 am
My favorites were mentioned already. They are:
Sweet home Alabama
20(or 50 ?!?) first dates
Ever After

imamama

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 3:10 am
Can't resist. Have to add my favorites:

Emma
Juno
Amelie (This is the most amazing movie. It's in French, but it has English subtitles. Trust me. You'll love it.)

I just noticed, all three of these are girls' names...huh.

And my all-time favorites, which have been mentioned numerous times:

PS I Love You
Love Actually

And about the Time Traveler's Wife, I read the book, and then saw the movie, and absolutely hated it. I couldn't even get through the whole thing. If you loved the book, don't watch the movie. People who haven't read the book seem to like it, though.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 7:55 am
I am the only one who almost fell asleep with Amélie?? lol

dina2000

Post Tue, Feb 01 2011, 5:55 pm
My favorites: the holiday. Definately maybe. What happens in vegas. The proposal.

dina2000

Post Tue, Feb 01 2011, 5:55 pm
My favorites: the holiday. Definately maybe. What happens in vegas. The proposal.

zigi

Post Tue, Feb 01 2011, 6:46 pm
shanie5 wrote:
littles wrote:

I did. I read the book before I ever knew there would be a movie and could not imagine them doing a good job of it. The movie was excellent!! Cant remember the tznius level though.

there was nudity you see the backs

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Wed, Feb 02 2011, 12:22 am
Fabulous wrote:
littles wrote:
Knocked Up

I'm usually not so sensitive but the foul language in this movie totally threw me off. I stopped watching half an hour in because I just couldn't take it.
Same here. Thats funny. I could not bring myself to continue watching it.

Many pple like The Hangover but I thought it was not nice, vulgar and just plain uch.

LiLIsraeli

Post Wed, Feb 02 2011, 1:07 am
There's a new movie out, Life As We Know It. I haven't watched it yet, but I've read pretty good reviews.

It's about a man and woman who can't stand each other who somehow end up with joint custody of another couple's (mutual friends) baby. And since it's a romantic comedy, you can guess the ending. Smile

LiLIsraeli

Post Wed, Feb 02 2011, 1:12 am
After reading through previous pages, I see some people and I have similar tastes in movies!

oups

Post Wed, Feb 02 2011, 5:10 am
Hangover (sooo funny !!! )
the proposal
what's happen in vegas
a cinderella story
Made of honor(really good )
what women want

amother

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 2:53 pm
pride and prejudice Very Happy
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics