Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Hot Water (Shabbos) Urn
Previous  1  2

Mrs. XYZ

Post Mon, Jan 31 2011, 11:47 am
Mrs Bissli wrote:
We usually have about 4litres of water left after shabbat. With 52weeks, not including yomtov, that would amount to 208litres of water. It' a lot of water just to throw it away, especially considering how we should preserve water.

So you leave the warm water there from week to week? Why dont you just fill it with the minimum amount, or as much as you need?

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Jan 31 2011, 11:52 am
Mrs Bissli wrote:
We usually have about 4litres of water left after shabbat. With 52weeks, not including yomtov, that would amount to 208litres of water. It' a lot of water just to throw it away, especially considering how we should preserve water.

Can you put less in?

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Jan 31 2011, 3:37 pm
I fill the urn to the max, simply because we often have unexpected guests and would hate the idea of not being able to offer tea because we ran out of hot water. No, I don't recycle the same water weekly. I just use it for cooking for washing up after shabbat.

chestnut

Post Wed, Feb 02 2011, 8:06 pm
Mrs. XYZ wrote:
So you leave the warm water there from week to week? Why dont you just fill it with the minimum amount, or as much as you need?

I did, until now. I would wash it every 2-3 months.
the thing is, at least with my urn (will all I had), that if it's not full, it's hard to pump water from there.

if someone is interested to see the results of my unplugging it on the electricity, remind me (not in this thread, via PM) to report back.

deedee

Post Wed, Feb 02 2011, 8:23 pm
our urn is on all the time. we use it for cofe and tea all day long. I usually rinse it out once a week.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics