Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Need help with poem or cute line for sesame theme!!!

elmos

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 8:03 pm
My daughter decided we are doing sesame she is being elmo the baby is cookie monster I am baking cookies and giving apple and eve sesame juice boxes in a cute celophane bag with sesame char. printed on it I need a cute poem or something cute to put on the sticker any ideas appriciated. If you have a better idea to go with our costumes thats somewhat simple but most importantly affordable I'm open to suggestions

manyhats

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 10:31 pm
Thinking.....

This year invite Elmo and friends to your seudah.

Bracha

elmos

Post Mon, Feb 07 2011, 8:50 am
I don't get that one

Yocheved84

Post Mon, Feb 07 2011, 10:13 am
A poem? Hmm. Ok...what's the cookie song? "C is for Cookie"--Maybe a playoff of that? And include two cookies--make one a letter and the other, a number. At the bottom of your poem, say "This poem was brought to you by Shmuel, Sara (your kids' names) and the letter P and the number 3." Here's a take-off on the cookie song:

"C is for cookie...is that good enough for me?
C is for cookie..is that good enough for me??
No because P is for Purim, and Oh, Purim Purim Purim Starts with P!"

Here is a link to the actual lyrics:
http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/......html

Sorry--that's the best I could think of.

Smile

Yocheved84

Post Mon, Feb 07 2011, 10:18 am
PS--You could also do a couple paragraph/stanzas based off of that song "Who are the people in your neighborhood?" but I don't know if kids know that song anymore.

LINK:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2bbnlZwlGQ

Blue jay

Post Mon, Feb 07 2011, 10:28 am
Todays letter of the day is "P" for Purim!

Chag Sameach Everyone!

Hows That? Very Happy

elmos

Post Mon, Feb 07 2011, 12:16 pm
thanks for thee help I love the ideas but yocheved84 yours is to complicated for my sleepy brain while I think queenbess is perfect for me but I will run it by dh and see if he likes or he has a better idea closer to. The truth is I think I want to do plain cookies just to keep it simple

mommy#1

Post Mon, Feb 07 2011, 1:12 pm
Where are you getting a cookie monster costume from? Everything I saw was at least $50-60! I was thinking of dressing my baby in that, because I wanted to bake cookies for MM, and it would fit right in, but not for $60!

Undefined

Post Mon, Feb 07 2011, 1:59 pm
"sunny day keepin Haman away, friendly neighbors to give sholoch manos to, can you tell me how to get, how to get to vnahafach'hu!"

tovarena

Post Thu, Feb 10 2011, 10:24 am
My kids were elmo and abby last year. We used an elmo bowl with an apple, an apple and eve juice box, earth's best cookie monster ABC cookies, and a bag of bissli. I got small circular stickers and printed three for each basket - A is for Apple, B is for Bissli, and C is for Cookie and stuck the stickers on each of those things in the bowl. Then I used a bigger round sticker and printed it with a ghosted image of elmo and abby and the wording (I can email you the actual image if you want):

Purim Sameach from Elmo and Abby
Come join us now and don't be crabby
Help our "characters" learn their ABCs
And while you're at it, enjoy some yummy treats
Chag Sameach from Elmo (DS's name was in parenthesis) and Abby (DD's name in parenthesis), DH and me (my name rhymes with Abby).

It's a little corny (okay...it's a lot corny) but it got the job done.

HTH!

Rikolla3

Post Thu, Feb 10 2011, 12:14 pm
where can I buy thse bowls?

tovarena

Post Thu, Feb 10 2011, 12:18 pm
If you click the highlighted link that says elmo bowl, it'll take you to the listing of sesame street items.

Rikolla3

Post Sat, Feb 12 2011, 7:27 pm
thanks, didnt see the highlighted words at first!

Rikolla3

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 11:59 am
hey maybe u can help me. im searching for these bowls everywhere! this website thats highlighted has only 18 left I need 25. there r only 2 others that I found that has it. 1 is being taken off today bec s.o just ordered it and the other has a huge shipping fee and its much more expensive! anyone know where else I can get them?

elmos

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 9:39 am
as fara as a costume I got an elmo one from ebay shipping and all it was a little elss than $8 and I got my son a cookie monster stretchie from walmart.com they included personalization it was a drop more weenthan I wanted to spend for a costume but he wears it as clothing it was bet$20-25 cause I had a coupon
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics