Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
ISO chicken cutlet recipe

Fabulous

Post Mon, Jan 31 2011, 9:40 am
I am trying to be a bit more healthy so no regular fried chicken cutlet. Either baked or maybe stir fried with veggies or something. Thanks!

greeneyes

Post Mon, Jan 31 2011, 10:24 am
These threads might be helpful to you:

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....icken

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....rt=20

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....icken

A few more ideas:

Chicken fingers:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
1 cup cornflake crumbs
1/4 cup sesame seeds
salt, pepper, & paprika to taste
1/4 c. honey
2 tsp. orange juice
1/4 c. ketchup or chili sauce

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rinse chicken; pat dry. Cut into strips about 1 inch wide. Combine crumbs, sesame seeds & seasonings in a bowl or plate. In another bowl, mix honey, juice, and ketchup. Dip chicken into honey mixture & then coat in crumb mixture. (I find that I always need more crumb mixture than the recipe calls for) Arrange chicken in a single layer on a baking sheet sprayed with pam.

2. Bake chicken for 7-8 minutes. Turn over & bake 7-8 minutes longer until crisp and golden, making sure not to overbake the chicken. (I like to spray the chicken with extra pam during baking, makes it more crispy.) Best served immediately. Use any of the following as a dipping sauce: honey, chili sauce, ketchup, plum sauce or cherry sauce.

(from MealLeaniYumm by Norene Gilletz)

Honey Dijon Chicken Wraps:

1. Slice an onion & sautee over a medium flame until soft.
2. Cut chicken cutlets into bite size pieces. Place chicken on top of the onions in the pan. Cook the chicken until no longer pink, turning pieces once.
3. Make the honey dijon sauce: mix light mayo, honey, and a bit of dijon mustard. I don't have an exact recipe, I just estimate & then taste it. (You can use regular mustard if you don't have dijon.)
4. Assemble the wraps! Spread the honey dijon sauce on the wrap, & top with the chicken & onions. You can add lettuce & tomato, if you like.

These wraps are simple to prepare, & along with a salad, they make a great dinner. We also make cajun chicken wraps, which are delicious as well. To make the cajun sauce, mix light mayo, cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, & a bit of seasoned salt. Just substitute the cajun sauce for the honey dijon sauce, & you have a whole new twist.

Chicken Breast with Vegetables & Pasta:

Chop an onion & saute in a bit of oil. Slice chicken cutlets into thin bite size strips & add to pan. Cook until chicken pieces are done, turning chicken pieces once. Cook whole wheat or regular pasta of your choice (fettuccine, spaghetti, rotini etc.). During last few minutes that the pasta is cooking add some frozen or fresh veggies, like broccoli florets, string beans, julienned carrots, etc. Drain pasta & vegetables & combine with chicken. Season with olive oil, soy sauce, a bit of sugar, salt, pepper, & garlic powder. Yummy!

MuppetLover

Post Mon, Jan 31 2011, 10:29 am
Betty Crocker made a great cookbook called "Betty Crocker's Best Chicken Cookbook" Its pretty old, but its a great one. I found it in a used bookstore last year and I used it all the time. Maybe look for it on Ebay.
Also, search Food.com and Allrecipes.com....

Fabulous

Post Mon, Jan 31 2011, 3:41 pm
Thanks everyone! Greeneyes, I had seen some of those threads, but your chicken tenders recipe was exactly what I was looking for. I'm sure it'll be delicious. Thanks!!

ETA: IT WAS YUM!!! Definitely going into my regular recipes. Thanks!

EMmom

Post Mon, Jan 31 2011, 7:32 pm
my friend taught me a trick to make baked chicken cutlets taste like fried shnitzel- its not fat free but muuuch less oil

Make the chicken as you normally would make shnitzel (egg, breadcrumbs...). Coat the bottom of an aluminum pan with an extremely thin layer of oil (barely more than greasing it) and bake the chicken flipping it over after about 15 minutes and bake for another 15 minutes. Sometimes I have to add about a Tbsp of oil when flipping it to make sure it doesnt stick to the pan.

elmos

Post Mon, Jan 31 2011, 9:44 pm
I will bread my cuttlets as normal and spray the pan and tops of cuttlets and bake at 350 for 20 min. I started chunking cuttlet marinating in fatfre italian dressing and baking at 400 for 20min and adding to a salad with oranges and crasins etc.
I also pan it with spray and water as needed I mix shwarma spice and onion and garlic powder either I do big ones or cut up small to be real shwarma and serve with chumus and salads
my dh loves lawry seasoning and grilling it or panning it

greeneyes

Post Tue, Feb 01 2011, 7:08 am
Fabulous wrote:
Thanks everyone! Greeneyes, I had seen some of those threads, but your chicken tenders recipe was exactly what I was looking for. I'm sure it'll be delicious. Thanks!!

ETA: IT WAS YUM!!! Definitely going into my regular recipes. Thanks!

Glad you liked it! Smile

cc

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 9:00 am
Just made the chicken fingers for supper. They were great! They were moist, full of flavor, quick and even gluten free. I did bake them for longer on each side. Thanks for the recipe!

culinaryk

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 9:25 am
I make this recipe all the time and it is really delicious and juicy. The recipe calls for chicken bottoms but I also make it with cutlets and orzo instead of spaghetti.
http://culinarykosher.com/reci.....I/314

busydev

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 10:32 am
what about grilled or broiled.

My aunt gave me this "recipe".

marinate cutlets in italian dressing (or any other sauce we have used bbq and other chicken marinades)

Turn oven on broil and place cutlets in a pan on the top shelf- bake 5 minutes on each side.

We use the george foreman - take between 5-10 minutes (when center is white.)

joyofkosher

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 12:08 pm
Cashew chicken is another nice way to make chicken a little different and you can keep down the oil: http://www.joyofkosher.com/Rec.....E0C96

greeneyes

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 6:10 pm
cc wrote:
Just made the chicken fingers for supper. They were great! They were moist, full of flavor, quick and even gluten free. I did bake them for longer on each side. Thanks for the recipe!

So glad you enjoyed it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey