Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
New jewish novels
Previous  1  2

deena19k

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 5:34 pm
I can tell you that there is a short story, inspiration type, coming out in the next 2-3 weeks and a sequel to a novel everyone was talking about coming probably in about a month... can't say more about that though.
anymore updates when we can expect to see these books coming out???? I need something new to read!!!

curlyhead

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 7:06 pm
Quote:
Are you looking for something specific?
In general from after chanukah until close to purim time it goes pretty dead. For some reason people don't shop in seforim stores much in the dead of the winter, not sure why though... but I can tell you that there is a short story, inspiration type, coming out in the next 2-3 weeks and a sequel to a novel everyone was talking about coming probably in about a month... can't say more about that though.

The two big seasons a year of new books coming out are Chanukah -for gifts and the summer for summer reading.

SMTIMA

Post Mon, Jan 17 2011, 4:34 pm
Targum just put out a novel... didn't read it so I don't know how it is... it's called Searching...
Shanky's publications just put out the short story book I mentioned... Lasting Impact... very short but inspiring stories... I think its the 4th in the series.
Sequal to Innocent Deceptions called Desperate Deceptions coming next week... (no mental health issues in this one...)

You won't have to wait till summer for more reading... most publishers put out stuff for purim/pesach as well...

curlyhead

Post Mon, Jan 17 2011, 6:19 pm
I heard searching is suppose to be really good and popular. Just bought it. Looking forward to reading it-

deena19k

Post Thu, Jan 20 2011, 2:59 pm
SMTIMA wrote:
Targum just put out a novel... didn't read it so I don't know how it is... it's called Searching...
Shanky's publications just put out the short story book I mentioned... Lasting Impact... very short but inspiring stories... I think its the 4th in the series.
Sequal to Innocent Deceptions called Desperate Deceptions coming next week... (no mental health issues in this one...)

You won't have to wait till summer for more reading... most publishers put out stuff for purim/pesach as well...

great!!! I did like innocent deceptions just a little depressing though. will there be more before purim/pesach?

ILOVELIFE

Post Thu, Jan 20 2011, 6:05 pm
what is searching about?

rivk241

Post Thu, Jan 20 2011, 8:07 pm
I just read "the shidduch" I couldnt put it down!

deena19k

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 9:53 pm
Can we expect anything else new soon????
I don't want to have to wait till Pesach for more reading material..............

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Feb 16 2011, 8:37 am
rivk241 wrote:
I just read "the shidduch" I couldnt put it down!

Do you know who the noted mechanchim who endorse this book are?
OK, I can put up with the poor punctuation but - I stopped early on as I thought I'd have to return the book but I do plan to pick up again this Shabbos, so don't ruin it but I am curious: the mother rejects shidduchim because of the wrong shnit, one speaking Hebrew, the other English. So why does her husband think the best boy in America (who couldn't find an American?) is the one for their daughter?

SMTIMA

Post Wed, Feb 16 2011, 11:18 am
deena19k wrote:
Can we expect anything else new soon????
I don't want to have to wait till Pesach for more reading material..............

no need to wait for pesach... some good stuff coming out in the next 2-3 weeks. No novels though (that I know of) til closer to pesach.
Also, Artscoll is releasing a new Nachman Seltzer short story book this week.
and if your kids are Rabbi Juravel fans then you'll be happy to know that the Vayikra Parsha has FINALLY just been released this week!

deena19k

Post Wed, Feb 16 2011, 1:00 pm
no need to wait for pesach... some good stuff coming out in the next 2-3 weeks. No novels though (that I know of) til closer to pesach.
any hints?????
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room