Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Have you bought the same thing again and again and again?
Previous  1  2

flowerpower

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 12:19 pm
Not really. Whatever I remember to buy I use a lot of so it's good if I don't forget.

shanie5

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 12:38 pm
now that some of you have mentioned clothing, my kids end up with tons of underwear.

When any of my neighbors need something they call me. sugar, flour, yeast, eggs, brown sugar, salt, potatoes.........

Merrymom

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 12:49 pm
obagys wrote:
Merrymom wrote:
Undefined wrote:
Hey merrymom that chicken sounds good, how do you make it?

I had three boxes of garbage bags because I always think I'm out, and then my dh bought another one.

Chicken cutlets pounded out thin or cut into bite sized pieces. Then I dip it into flour if it's still moist, then Hellman's light mayo mixed with mustard, and a little bit of garlic powder and cayenne pepper, then I dip it either into panko bread crumbs or cornflake crumbs mixed with a packet of Good Seasons Italian Seasoning packet. Lay it on a cookie sheet and bake. It crisps up really nice and isn't greasy like fried chicken.

How long do you bake it for? I'm actually trying this right now for Shabbos, lol Thanks!

It's hard to say, I guess it depends on the size of the pieces. Bake it covered for about 25 minutes, then uncovered until it looks good. Don't let it get brown on top though, because that's a sign of it being overcooked usually(the underside will brown up though), probably another 20 minutes.

Also, what did you use for the breading? I forgot to say that I usually don't use regular cornflake crumbs, I coarsely crush cornflake cereal as it's much better this way but in any case it should be good.

obagys

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 1:00 pm
Merrymom wrote:
obagys wrote:
Merrymom wrote:
Undefined wrote:
Hey merrymom that chicken sounds good, how do you make it?

I had three boxes of garbage bags because I always think I'm out, and then my dh bought another one.

Chicken cutlets pounded out thin or cut into bite sized pieces. Then I dip it into flour if it's still moist, then Hellman's light mayo mixed with mustard, and a little bit of garlic powder and cayenne pepper, then I dip it either into panko bread crumbs or cornflake crumbs mixed with a packet of Good Seasons Italian Seasoning packet. Lay it on a cookie sheet and bake. It crisps up really nice and isn't greasy like fried chicken.

How long do you bake it for? I'm actually trying this right now for Shabbos, lol Thanks!

It's hard to say, I guess it depends on the size of the pieces. Bake it covered for about 25 minutes, then uncovered until it looks good. Don't let it get brown on top though, because that's a sign of it being overcooked usually(the underside will brown up though), probably another 20 minutes.

Also, what did you use for the breading? I forgot to say that I usually don't use regular cornflake crumbs, I coarsely crush cornflake cereal as it's much better this way but in any case it should be good.

The pieces are pretty large...I was too lazy to cut them down smaller. But they are thin. I used panko bread crumbs for the breading...once I discovered those I stopped using corn flake crumbs, the panko just seem so much better! Thanks for the recipe and the help, hopefully I don't mess this up haha

anonymom

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 2:12 pm
Merrymom wrote:
Taco seasoning for my ground beef and Italian dressing seasoning for my fried fish and crispy chicken. I buy it and buy it until I decide to stop because I have too much. Then I use it up but am sure I still have some in the house so when I need it, guess what? I finally don't have it just as I'm ready to make supper.

Shucks, I ran out of taco seasoning the other night. I used two lbs of meat and the kit had seasoning for one lb. I didn't know who I coulda borrowed from.

anonymom

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 2:15 pm
I buy one pizza sauce and one can of corn (that I use very occasionally in tuna casserole) and then when I clean out my closet I have at least 6. How does that happen.

My husband does it with things he uses. So annoying. Especially when he finds something he likes better and we're left with a ton of something we're not gonna use.

wwmom

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 4:22 pm
This happens to me with eggs, I buy it almost e/time I go to the store even for filli-ins, just in case so I always end up having at least 3 dozen at any given moment even though I prob. only use about a dozen per week.

DrMom

Post Sat, Feb 19 2011, 2:23 pm
Pasta. Oregano. Tumeric.

sarahd

Post Sat, Feb 19 2011, 4:56 pm
Mayonnaise. Mayonnaise. And mayonnaise.

cute mommy

Post Sat, Feb 19 2011, 8:59 pm
wow I am so happy this thread came up, DH always makes fun of me when I DO THIS.LIKE I ONCE ENDED UP WITH 5 BOTTLES OF VINEGAR in the pantry. I always buy tomatoes sauce when I am out, because many times I am about to cook something and I am like shoot there is none left, so rather have alot than none. I have many kiki rikis but thats cuz I use them alot especially in the summer as shells. now I know I am not the only one who keeps buying the same stuff eventhough I have them at home.

bigsis144

Post Sat, Feb 19 2011, 9:07 pm
I've got 4 bottles of dishwasher detergent... each one from a different store!

MeadowsLane

Post Sat, Feb 19 2011, 9:20 pm
Shampoo, body wash, detergent, canned tomatoes and tuna

bakermom

Post Sat, Feb 19 2011, 11:14 pm
Pesach detergent... I used to have too much pasta, so lately I don't have any... and I now have 6 bottles of head & shoulders, cuz dh buys one of those huge bottles every time he's in costco, which is often. I have this problem of always having too much of something, or none at all...

gp2.0

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 1:21 am
That's what shopping lists are for. Wink

leomom

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 3:12 am
I ordered a couple of pre-tied tichels from a website, and when they arrived, I went to put them away and realized that I already have those exact tichels. Yep - I ordered the same ones from the same website a few months before.

At least I'm consistent!

RPESN

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 6:22 am
Mainly with Challah flour. Bedika cloths embarrassed, sunflower oil, tomato puree. Of course, genereally when I need it, I realise I have none left, cos I remembered I'd noticed I had loads, so didn't buy more, but by then it's either been lent out, finished or misplaced...
Some people are born scatterbrained. We work on fixing it, but it lingers...

sequoia

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 8:44 am
Bread crumbs Smile

I hardly ever make breaded anything (sometimes fish, that's about it), so it kind of just sits there.

There's very little room in my cupboards, so I generally only buy things I've run out of.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics