Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Late crib transition?

amother

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 6:26 pm
My sister in law keeps her kids in a crib until 3 almost 4. It really seems crazy to me... (switched my kid before 2 years old). She says "she needs to know they cant come out for her sanity". I want to know if I would be a bad sister in law if I would say something?

Grace

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 6:28 pm
well I for one dont plan on taking mine out till at least Bar/Bat Mitzvah.

Whats it got to do with you anyway? What would you say to her?

amother

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 6:28 pm
whats the big deal? My son is 3 and still in a crib. Hes perfectly happy and I have nowhere else to put him right now!

cc

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 6:43 pm
I'm amazed they havnt learned to climb out themselves yet. Some kids like the security of a tight cozy bed.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 6:50 pm
OP Here, it bothers me because she doesnt have a large crib for the three year old, it actually looks more like a porta crib, and her kid cant even stretch out all the way, and I feel so bad for her! she is almost 4! my sister in law can afford a toddler bed so I know it has nothing to do with money or space, and she constantly says (when people bring it up) she "likes the feeling of her kids not being able to get out/locked in". im also actually concerned about their safety because they can for sure climb out, and hurt themselves (they have hardwood floor in their bedroom, not carpet), but she is probably so strict that they are terrified to climb out, and thats why it hasnt happened yet. but the main reason is that they look so uncomfortable in their tiny cribs....

Mommy3.5

Post Tue, Feb 22 2011, 9:45 pm
amother wrote:
My sister in law keeps her kids in a crib until 3 almost 4. It really seems crazy to me... (switched my kid before 2 years old). She says "she needs to know they cant come out for her sanity". I want to know if I would be a bad sister in law if I would say something?

I wonder why her kids have not figured out how to get out, none of mine reached 18 months without figuring it out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics