Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Cream Cheese packets for shalach Manos

MrsDuby

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 1:08 am
For my Shalach Manos this year, I need small Cholov Yisroel cream cheese packets. Does anyone know where I could get some? I dont need too many .... (and if I cant find cream cheese, I'll settle for margarine... or jelly)

thanks so much!

2busy

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 7:35 am
where r u located/
in my loal grocery they sell the minis in the fridge - cholov yisroel individual serving

Imhappy!

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 9:54 am
I think you can ask you local grocery to order it in for you.
( you mean the JJ littel silver paper tubes?)

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 11:08 am
I've never seen that. Cute !

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 11:25 am
They even sell individual CY here in Chicago.

MrsDuby

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 12:57 pm
thanks for the replies !!! im in NJ ---
maybe I'll call Rockland Kosher in Monsey and see if they can get it for me ....

thanks so much !!!!

paprika

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 1:15 pm
Maybe call J&J/Mehadrin and ask them if they sell it in a restaurant near you. If you want the phone number, I'll get it for you.

MrsDuby

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 1:18 pm
thats so sweet Paprika.... but naah... I dont need that many -- so maybe I'll look around in the larger kosher stores near here ....

thanks so much !!!!

paprika

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 1:29 pm
If you buy it from a local restaurant that uses it to put on the tables to eat with their bread, you can even buy one piece. You can call just to find out which restaurant purchases them in bulk.

MrsDuby

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 3:39 pm
this is precisely why I love the internet !!!!!!
sooo... I called a bagel place nearby, and the guy told me that they dont MAKE small cream cheeses !!! (and if they do, hes never seen them) --

well, thanks ot the internet, I found Mehadrin J&J website - where tehy have EXACTLY what I need. THE small 1 oz. cream cheese and 1 oz. butter ... (perfect for my shalach manos) ...

anyways, I just wanted to know - to the amother who suggested I call them - can I order some straight from Mehadrin? I think the contact number is a distributor -- would they sell me like 20 of each? I plan to call them next week - but if I know ahead of time, that would be great.

Oh, and as for jelly - I found these small baby jars (and also single serving kinds) of Smuckers --- I just need to find out which flavors are kosher... .

Thanks so much again for everyone's help.
(am I the only one that gets giddy when my Shalach Manos ideas start to come together ? Smile Smile Smile

Good shabbos !

paprika

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 9:56 am
No, they won't. Unless by some very odd chance they happen to have an open case. (Maybe if their workers are doing the same shalach manos as you Very Happy )

Their located pretty far from you, in the Williamsburg area.

mommyhood

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 10:04 am
I'm not sure where in NJ you live but kosher konnection in Passaic sells the individual cream cheese packets. I'm not sure if they sell butter.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics