Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Diapers- what brand?

sped

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 7:05 pm
I will be in the US IY"H for pesach. I don't want to shlep loads of diapers from here, so I am considering asking my niece to pick some up for me. What brand do you recommend? I need a good quality diaper (DS wets through the cheap ones here), but don't care about brand names or fancy pictures..., and would like to get away spending as little as possible. DS will be about 10 months old. My niece is in the Lakewood area and had Wallmart and Target nearby.
Thanks

shnitzel

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 7:20 pm
I love target diapers. I order them online when shipping is free. We never have leaks and they are much better than the name brands. Pampers smell awful.

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 7:45 pm
I vote Target too. My daughter has been leaking thru pampers and the walmart brand when someone recommended the target ones. I couldnt be happier and they are cheap too.

Fabulous

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 7:50 pm
If price is not an object, I love the Fischer Price diapers (they come in jumbo bags as opposed to cases so automatically more $$). I don't like Babies R Us diapers. I am using Huggies now and I don't love it either. I think I like Fischer Price first and then Luvs (believe it or not, but then again, my son is not a big leaker).

imabima

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 7:52 pm
Target or Luvs.

mamommommy

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 7:52 pm
I am also happy with the Target brand. It's the only store brand that my dd doesn't leak through.

maofboys

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 8:05 pm
I use the cosco kirkland diapers. there are not expensive and work very well. everyone I know uses them too. (I would not recommend luvs but I guess every child is different).

yentadevosha

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 8:08 pm
I don't like the costco's kirkland. All my kids did great with luvs.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 8:08 pm
We like Luvs. They're half the price of Pampers and so far we haven't had issues with leaks.

obagys

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 8:11 pm
By the time this thread is done you will basically see a plug for every type of diaper out there. It's hard to give a solid recommendation because no one knows how well a particular brand will fit your baby. It's just a few weeks that you will be here, I would just go with whatever store-brand diaper is most convenient and economical to purchase.

MrsMortgage

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 8:12 pm
For newborn I'm only happy with pampers swaddles but after that I LOVE Costco's Kirkland brand.

spring13

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 9:38 pm
I'd say have her get something inexpensive, like Target or Luvs or pampers Baby Dry or Kirkland - but tell her to keep the receipts. That way, if the cheaper kind doesn't work out for some reason, or you end up needing a different size or something, you can return some and get a different kind. it might also be worth it to get some slightly smaller packages instead of a huge case, to make potential returns more cost-effective.

cbsmommy

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 10:30 pm
It is important to keep in mind that different diapers fit different lil tushies differently.

DD is SKINNY and has very little tush and hips. She leaked through:
Huggies
Luvs
Fisher Price
Target
Walmart/Kirkland
Pampers Cruisers

The only non-leaking diaper that we found was the pampers swaddlers and the pampers baby dry diaper.

A friend of mine had three children (all tall for their ages with long legs, shorter torsos) who leaked through everything except Huggies.

Buy a small package of whatever brand of diaper is on sale. You'll be in the US for at 8 days, and figuring that your little girl goes through 7 diapers a day, that's a minimum of 56 diapers. Try the diapers out for a few days. If she wakes up two nights in a row soaked to the skin, see if you can exchange the rest of the package with a neighbor, and try a different brand.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 12:41 am
another vote for target.

gold21

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 5:44 pm
for newborns, pampers.
for babies 6 months plus: with my slim child we loved pampers. with my chubbier baby, pampers didnt fit right, so we are loving huggies and target brand.

MeadowsLane

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 5:48 pm
I like pampers swaddlers. The price is pretty good with amazonmom subscription.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics