Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Not losing weight on No white flour-No sugar diet, HELP!!

loveshoes

Post Thu, Mar 03 2011, 7:33 pm
I have been on the No white flour no sugar diet since October. I lost weight until about 1 month ago. Now I am just staying where I am and not moving anywhere. Any suggestions?

de_goldy

Post Thu, Mar 03 2011, 7:37 pm
If you are using artificial sweeteners, cut them out.

Ilovechoumous

Post Thu, Mar 03 2011, 10:20 pm
what about portion size? try eating less, and eating more vegetables

check this out:
http://www.sparkpeople.com/res.....d=177

good luck

loveshoes

Post Fri, Mar 04 2011, 1:34 pm
de_goldy wrote:
If you are using artificial sweeteners, cut them out.

What can I substitute instead for example, sweetening oatmeal or coffee?

Ilovechoumous

Post Sat, Mar 05 2011, 9:11 am
you can find stevia drops in most health food stores. its a plant extract, 100% pure.

Beinoni mommie

Post Sat, Mar 05 2011, 10:56 am
there is so much to check out here. Firstly, every body when it is in the down mode hits a plateau. Secondly, are you drinking enough water? Just no white and no sugar, what about dairy? Thats all sugar or turns into it at least. (this wi\ould be problematic if oyu have candidia) Exercising? sometimes when you are actively exercising the process of building muscle slows doen the weight gain. Are you sleeping enough? There are studies that prove that when you don't sleep enough, it makes it extremely hard to lose weight. What about the season? Is it winter for you? The chinese docs would say, its impossible to shed pounds in the winter, just wait until the spring. Is there some other culprit to blame? candidia etc?
The portion thing is also right on. How are your portions? Is your vegetable portion always bigger than the others? Are you waiting a full 3 hours (b'erech) to digest or are you grazing all day?

hatzlacha. don't worry, you will go down. such a hard battle, I know. dont ask me how I did this shabbos....

zissy2004

Post Sat, Mar 05 2011, 12:04 pm
I agree with the above! after 3 month of losing (how much?) its very normal to hit a plateau! Do not give up yet!
One thing I heard is actually to vary your meals (if you eat mostly the same)
If you still eating the same as the last 3 months, I wouldnt eat less but try maybe to eat a bit more, sometimes that is the problem. (eating too little)
I had a friend who after losing steadily, stayed on a plateau, she was told to eat a bit more and she suddenly lost again.
and excersice is VERY important and can also help!

Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise