Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Secound Birthday party

nufstuf2do

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 2:23 pm
My dd just turned two a few days ago. Both her Grandparents want to know what presents to buy her, does anyone have any ideas of what can I tell them?

also, I want to make her a birthday party with her friends. Any idea of what to do and what to have?
thanks in advance

cbsmommy

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 2:35 pm
With regards to party, we all have summer b-days here so I call for a ice cream social in the backyard on a Sunday afternoon. I send out email invitations, and call up family members. I usually end up with about 50 people coming/going (including my family, DH's family, grandparents, aunts/uncles/cousins), close friends, and neighbors.

I buy a few tubs of different flavors of ice cream, (1 pareve and 1 box multi-flavored popsicles for allergies/little ones who don't ice cream). I bring out the sprinkles, whipped cream, toppings, etc. I also have cold drinks, but no cake. I find price-wise/commitment wise, cakes are pricey and nobody really eats them. Ice cream GOES and kids LOVE IT.

I set up the kiddie pool for the under 2 crowd, and lawn chairs for grandparents, aunts and uncles. I also supplement with bubbles and sidewalk chalk. Highlights include watching the little ones play, eating the ice cream, and opening gifts.

I call the whole thing for 2 hours, if it rains, we have the whole shebang in my house instead but without the pool, bubbles, and chalk.

These types of birthday parties cost just under $100: (ice creams, toppings, kiddie pool, chalk, candle for the b-day kid, pool toys, paper goods, sodas/juices, decorations for the table/high chair.) Costs less if you already have the kiddie pool and toys.

Lani22

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 2:38 pm
what do you need for your DD?
I didnt need any toys or anything like that so I asked my parents and in laws to split the cost of a dresser for my DS's room.....in terms of a party I think at that age a good old pizza and apple juice party with some cute goody bags is sufficient. for an activity I would hire a person who plays the guitar to come lead a music class.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics