Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Bee purim theme

nakatts

Post Thu, Feb 11 2010, 9:15 pm
I need help with a bee/bee keeper/flower themed purim...
how should I dress up as a flower? and what should I do for shalach monos all in the bee theme?
HELP>>> I need to get this done soon

NYmommy

Post Thu, Feb 11 2010, 9:37 pm
My kids were bees last year. I made the theme "cute as can BEE" I made mini black and whites (instead of white I made yellow icing) and added some yellow & black candies, chocolates etc plus some honey candies, honey cookies etc. I also added a picture puzzle with picture of my kids.

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 10:14 pm
Any more ideas? I am doing this too and need ideas. I would rather buy the stuff so pref no homemade ideas

Emee

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 10:17 pm
honey sticks
store bought honey cookies wrapped in cellophane stacked
black and yellow jelly beans

Doublestroller

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 11:12 pm
I'm doing the bee theme too this year. I bought flower planters (silver) it has painted on it a picture of a bee and sunflower. I'm planning to bake bee cookies with icing. (just took a cookie course Wink) I want to add: Honey glazed almonds, honey candies, and if there's a liquor with honey flavor ,I'd put that too. I still need to look around for some ideas. Good Luck!

obagys

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 11:20 pm
I did a bee theme a few years ago. I remember making honeycake cupcakes, frosted them (I think white icing), put a yellow jelly bean in the center and used 2 sliced almonds on either side as wings - looked just like a cute little bee. I also found bee shaped cookies in the store and put those in bee-themed cello bags. I bought bee lollipop chocolate molds and made those too. I can't remember what else I put in there, I wish I could find the picture I took Sad I also wrapped it all in clear cello wrap and tied together with black & yellow ribbons.

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 11:21 pm
Emee wrote:
honey sticks
store bought honey cookies wrapped in cellophane stacked
black and yellow jelly beans
Whats a honey stick?

Doublestroller

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 12:56 pm
Honey sticks is a closed clear straw filled with honey. Oh nuts sells it. I actually searched on their website. They have many options when u search for honey.

culinaryk

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 2:44 pm
I made honey cookies (really good) put in little jars of honey and honey candy. It was very cute.

Rosegarden

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 2:53 pm
Pre- RH every year we make with our pre-school children cup cakes. We decorate them with yellow frosting and black licorice strips, choc chip eyes and marshmallow wings (cut marshmallows in 1/2 if too big).Can have this with honey stick or flower made out of fruit roll up.

Doublestroller

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 12:30 am
Rosegarden wrote:
Pre- RH every year we make with our pre-school children cup cakes. We decorate them with yellow frosting and black licorice strips, choc chip eyes and marshmallow wings (cut marshmallows in 1/2 if too big).Can have this with honey stick or flower made out of fruit roll up.

very cute idea! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics