Home

Need help with theme

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

sandwich

Post Posted: Tue, Mar 01 2011, 11:35 am       Post subject: need help with theme
my kids are going to be dressed up as burgers, hotdog and ketchup
what can I put in my shaloch monos? and I need a poem to go with it

Mrs. Mommy

Post Posted: Tue, Mar 01 2011, 1:30 pm       Post subject: re: need help with theme
bbq side dishes like cole slaw and potato salad?

sunshine!

Post Posted: Tue, Mar 01 2011, 1:33 pm       Post subject:
http://www.bakerella.com/fast-food-fun/

cityofgold

Post Posted: Tue, Mar 01 2011, 3:27 pm       Post subject: re: need help with theme
They make a potato-based snack (not exactly Bissli but that line) that looks like french fries--they may be called fries or maybe straws? A frum brand makes them. That goes along with the fast food. You could put them in a stripey popcorn cup. I don't know what would be good for the meat, though...

Sunshine, those are adorable!

EMmom

Post Posted: Wed, Mar 02 2011, 11:05 am       Post subject: re: need help with theme
why don't you make your own burgers out of cookies and candy
vanilla cookies for the bun, thin sliced of brownie or chocolate frosting for the burger and either icing for the ketchup and mustard and/or thinly sliced green and red gummy candy for the tomato and lettuce

emama

Post Posted: Wed, Mar 02 2011, 11:15 am       Post subject: re: need help with theme
I know this isn't what you have in mind, but it is really easy and very much appreciated. Maybe you could sponser a BBQ at the local children's home, or shelter for abused women/families in your friends' honor and send out a card telling about it. In Israel there are organizations that sponsor these types of things for chayalim bodidim (those w/o families in Israel).
Just a thought...

PinkFridge

Post Posted: Wed, Mar 02 2011, 2:55 pm       Post subject: re: need help with theme
Today is the yom tov of Purim,
We were saved from Haman's yissurim
But Hashem took His time
Read the story line
Many details and hidden niflaim

But we definitely wouldn't be lying
to say Yeshuas Hashem keheref ayin
So enjoy this fast food
As brought by our brood
On this day of hoda'ah and mishteh and yayin.
The righteous praise and honor people for every good quality that is found in them while the wicked seek out faults in others to pull them down, even if they repented those deeds. (Rabbeinu Yonah, from Partners in Kindness)

Dini20

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 03 2011, 1:25 am       Post subject:
I just saw gummy hot dogs & burgers on oh nuts' website. They prob have it in the store too.

culinaryk

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 03 2011, 2:14 am       Post subject: re: need help with theme
PinkFridge I am totally impressed. What a great poem!

PinkFridge

Post Posted: Thu, Mar 03 2011, 11:04 am       Post subject: Re: re: need help with theme
culinaryk wrote:
PinkFridge I am totally impressed. What a great poem!

Thanks!

sandwich

Post Posted: Sun, Mar 06 2011, 10:01 am       Post subject: re: need help with theme
any other ideas of what to give and what to put the shaloch monos into?

PinkFridge

Post Posted: Sun, Mar 06 2011, 10:37 am       Post subject: Re: re: need help with theme
sandwich wrote:
any other ideas of what to give and what to put the shaloch monos into?

No more ideas for the former but as for the latter, warehouse clubs, if you have membership, restaurant supply stores like GFS (not sure if you have one, but no membership required) may all have styrofoam restaurant-type trays. Maybe even ye olde dollar store or supermarket for divided plates and you can make a cover for it.

shanie5

Post Posted: Sun, Mar 06 2011, 1:36 pm       Post subject:
You need a drink to go with that! a can of soda should go well.

sandwich

Post Posted: Mon, Mar 07 2011, 10:59 am       Post subject: re: need help with theme
Quote:
No more ideas for the former but as for the latter, warehouse clubs, if you have membership, restaurant supply stores like GFS (not sure if you have one, but no membership required) may all have styrofoam restaurant-type trays.

I am looking for the styrofoam containers but I have no restaurant supply store near me
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Page 1 of 1